The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Put Kassian on the first and put Burrows back on the 4th.

desiboynux4lifee*******

At this point, what is the worst that can happen. The sedin magic is done, maybe a big body like Kassian can help them get some greasy goals. Also, put Burrows back on with Horvat, I thought they played great. Bench Hansen, and get Vey back in the line-up, as he brings more skill.

Sedins Kassian

Higgins Bonino Vey

vrabta richy matthias

dorsett horvat burrows

This team is shooting from the outside, and missing nets. Time to fix the lines before its late. Also, Tuesday game will be interesting against red hot Nashville!

As always I will point out that kassian has not earned first line minutes so he will not get 1st line minutes until he earns it if he ever doesm

Sedins need a big body, and Kassian fits this. Notice sedins randomly throw the puck into the slot or into the blue ice; we need to give Kassian a chance. A fair 2-3 game trail.

wtf has Kassian done to earn to play on the top line? he deserves to be dumped to the 4th line after tonights performance.

Go back down memory lane, what did Burrows do to play with the Sedins for the first time? The thing is the Sedins are being shut down, and are slow, so maybe playing Kassian with them can open up more ice for them.

wtf has Kassian done to earn to play on the top line? he deserves to be dumped to the 4th line after tonights performance.

hey now , he only missed the net on the most lackluster attempt at a 2 on 1 that ive seen in a long time and only had about 3 or 4 cycle plays die on his stick pretty average night for kass.

Sedins need a big body, and Kassian fits this. Notice sedins randomly throw the puck into the slot or into the blue ice; we need to give Kassian a chance. A fair 2-3 game trail.

He isnt ready. Hes been back 3 games or so and still looks rusty as hell out there. His positioning is better and he inst making the bone head plays anymore but his timing and anticipation arent there.

I guess he looked at a lot of film during his rehab . Now he just has to get his rhythm back. Give it 10 games.

Go back down memory lane, what did Burrows do to play with the Sedins for the first time? The thing is the Sedins are being shut down, and are slow, so maybe playing Kassian with them can open up more ice for them.

he worked his way up the roster from the 4th line and PK and everytime he got more minutes and more opportunity he excelled and climbed all the way to the first line earning every minute... he was never just tossed up there from the 3rd line after a less than stellar performance..

he worked his way up the roster from the 4th line and PK and everytime he got more minutes and more opportunity he excelled and climbed all the way to the first line earning every minute... he was never just tossed up there from the 3rd line after a less than stellar performance..

Here is the thing, with trade deadline coming in about a month. We have a great test coming up on the road, playing teams like Nashville, would be a great test to see if Kassian is actaully a top 6 guy. The worst thing this team can do is trade Kassian without actaully giving him a chance in the top 6. That's one thing I fear with the Kassian situation.

burr-hank-vrbata

kass-bonino-danny

higgy/vey-matty-richy

dorsett-horvat-hansen

i wouldnt break up that 4th just yet, they looked great together tonight.

i think its time to split the sedins for a bit, get them to change their mindset a bit...hank is like robot out there no matter how good his chance is to score/shoot, he is still looking/thinking about the pass...time to break the cycle.(not forever, just a few games to shake things up).

Kass does not play with a big body and he's done nothing to warrant a first line roll. As others have pointed out the last things the twins need is a developing playmaker the doesn't forecheck. If you wanted a big player on the first surely Matthias would be a better choice to try..... If you weren't a kass hommer that is.

Edit; just noticed you have vrabta on the third as well with higgy and kass on the first and second.... Wow.

Ain't nobody stopping the Sedin train. It feel off the peak in 2011 and it's a looongggg way down. The most logical thing to do now is to split them up to mask their lack of footspeed because they are too old and too slow to create on their own anymore, especially at even strength.

Burrows was a last resort because he still forechecks his ass off and does the dirty work no one else on this roster except for Dorsett and Richardson can do. If he can't save the Sedins no one can.

I say...

Higgins - Sedin - Vrbata

Sedin - Bonino - Kassian

Vey - Richardson - Burrows

Matthias - Horvat - Dorsett

Looks like a lineup pulled out of a hat but I have a funny feeling it would work simply because it spreads the softness instead of having it focused in our top six.

Maybe Kassian will never earn first line minutes cuz he is a first liner stuck on the third line. Maybe he is a skill guy that is stuck because he has to prove he can be a grinder.

Archived