The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of Jacob Markstorm?

First off I'm going to say don't trade him. His performance in the AHL has been amazing this year so far; therefore,I personally don't want this team to trade him away for a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder, as I feel he can be the guy once Miller leaves; however, what do you guys think is his realistic value at this point?

gp 11-2-1 GA-1.84 so far in the AHL

probably a high 2nd at this point but if we keep him for another few years his value will go way up, lack worth less and will never be worth a high second

Are you talking about Eddie Lack? If so i don't get your logic. a AHL goalie that hasn't proved anything in the NHL is worth a high second, but a goalie that has proven he can play well at the NHL level isn't worth a 2nd. Okkkkkk

Are you talking about Eddie Lack? If so i don't get your logic. a AHL goalie that hasn't proved anything in the NHL is worth a high second, but a goalie that has proven he can play well at the NHL level isn't worth a 2nd. Okkkkkk

uhm hes proven to be the best young goalie in the AHL .

Markstrom in 3 years > Lack now, and i think most gms would agree

He does have pretty good value

He is a big body goaltender

picked 31st overall in 2008 by Florida

24 years old

Outstanding numbers in the AHL

and most importantly

Has cleared waivers so he can be sent back and forth from the NHL to the AHL

If Miller gets injured, we can call up Markstrom and send him back when Miller comes back without having to deal with waivers. Don't expect either Lack or Markstrom to be moved before season's end.

uhm hes proven to be the best young goalie in the AHL .

Markstrom in 3 years > Lack now, and i think most gms would agree

Which is why every GM pasted on him when he was on waivers. Correct?

And the AHL means nothing. If lack was playing down there he would be putting up better numbers than Markstrom

Which is why every GM pasted on him when he was on waivers. Correct?

And the AHL means nothing. If lack was playing down there he would be putting up better numbers than Markstrom

JB hid Marky in california and nobody had seen him play since vancouver at the end of last year when the canucks hung him to dry....

Lack is 27 not 24... and in goalie years 24-27 is a big difference

all i am trying to say is if i was gm i would probably start showcasing Lack a bit more and deal him at the draft in a package with say higgins for a high 2nd low 1st

next year, miller is ready to play less games, say 50 games for miller and 32 for marky

eriksson gets to be starter on the farm

Markstrom, realistically? Right now? Probably a 3rd or 4th rounder. Market for unproven #1 goalies stink because every team it seems has a Lack and/or Markstrom type goalie in their system so why trade for another one? And then pay a decent value? Most GM's if looking for a back-up or "1B" goalie will either try to work with what they have (a la Winnipeg) or go bargain basement shopping (a la Tampa Bay).

Realistically, Markstrom has little value, until he proves he can play in the bigs.

Detroit needs a goalie who can play now. Howard out, likely long-term. I was at their game against Calgary, and their back-up looked pretty shaky. I could see them being interested in Lack.

Miller is here for two more years, for better or worse. I'm open to trading Lack for pieces now, and letting Markstrom be back-up. We have a decent 4th stringer now too, with Ericsson still in the minors. So even if we have injuries in net, we at least have options.

I think Markstrom is the real deal + the future of this franchise.

Miller is signed for 2 more years after this season. Trade Lack in the off-season for whatever we can get. Have Markstrom back up Miller next year, and in Miller's final season, have them split the net.

Archived