The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Draft Talk

Horvat

If you believe in Mini-Marner's skill, then he should go way before we get a chance to get him. If he falls to us, then I'd say let him fall further because his point production is primarily created from the perimeter on a loaded team.

small player with lots of points= "perimeter player" right? you don't put up the numbers he's putting up playing from the perimeter

mynhldraft had us picking Pastrnak at one point last year, and Konecny this year. Must think we like skilled and smallish.

If you've seen Konecny play, you're in for a treat.

Not only is he skilled as hell, but like Oshie and Shinkaruk, he plays with feistiness to his game, despite his size.

If he's available around 16 (where I'm predicting we will pick), we NEED to pick him up, especially since can't miss D prospects like Kylington, Werenski, Provorov, and maybe Roy will be gone.

The sky's the limit with Konecny. If you're playing it safe, you'd project him to be a very, very good complimentary player (Oshie calibre) yet, he has the potential to become a star player (Seguin calibre), and be one for a very long time.

Either way, I'm excited as f*%# about this draft. It's literally my Christmas.

Not only is he skilled as hell, but like Oshie and Shinkaruk, he plays with feistiness to his game, despite his size.

If he's available around 16 (where I'm predicting we will pick), we NEED to pick him up, especially since can't miss D prospects like Kylington, Werenski, Provorov, and maybe Roy will be gone.

The sky's the limit with Konecny. If you're playing it safe, you'd project him to be a very, very good complimentary player (Oshie calibre) yet, he has the potential to become a star player (Seguin calibre), and be one for a very long time.

Was thinking maybe Nicolas Roy if the defense pickings are slim. 6'4". Hockey DB has him as a winger, but TSN has him as a center. Pretty big and only 17. Could be a steal!!!

I doubt Konecny will be a top 20 pick. He is just too small. That's just the nature of the draft. I really hope we don't pick him.

And Provorov. I like Andersson as well though. If we somehow pick up another 1st I can see Benning solving our defense's future in one draft by selecting one of the bigger name D's and Andersson.

We don't really need a winger with Shinkaruk and Virtanen there. We don't need a two-way center with Horvat, McCann and Cassels there.

We need defense though. Puck-capable defense, not shutdown. And we'll need a franchise center. Unless we're top-2 in the draft, then there's no way we're getting one in 2015. From what I've seen, Mini-Marner isn't that guy and Barzal (wasn't that guy either) just sustained a major knee injury which puts his career up in the air.

I know he's a local kid and all, but what bothers me a bit about Barzal is that he looks exactly like Xavier Laflamme.

mathew_barzal_seattle.jpg

LaFlamme_400x400.jpg

lol

We have a Doug the Thug in Pedan!!!!

Sign em up

Can't believe J.Roy is that low.

I don't mind though we can select a guy who plays so similar to Doughty. Not sure how many people have seen Roy but he can skate like Doughty, smooth skating, quickly maneuver forecheckers and pass it up the ice quickly or skate it up. Really smooth skater, not an explosive one like Marner, McDavid, etc but he's smooth like Doughty and kinda just dance his way into the offensive zone. He has good gap on the forwards defensively, really smart player and reads plays well.

I like him alot, really smart player with poise that makes you go wow!

Can't believe J.Roy is that low.

I don't mind though we can select a guy who plays so similar to Doughty. Not sure how many people have seen Roy but he can skate like Doughty, smooth skating, quickly maneuver forecheckers and pass it up the ice quickly or skate it up. Really smooth skater, not an explosive one like Marner, McDavid, etc but he's smooth like Doughty and kinda just dance his way into the offensive zone. He has good gap on the forwards defensively, really smart player and reads plays well.

I like him alot, really smart player with poise that makes you go wow!

Based on the rankings we should have no trouble landing Roy and Andersson but somehow I doubt we end up with both those guys

We need to shed some veterans for picks and space for young guys.

Can we please move Higgins already? Or dose our "2nd" line need him so badly that his time cannot be filled by Hansen/vey/burrows/kass

If we finish where I think we will (17-20) without another first round pick or early second round pick (31-35), I say go for a defenseman. I really like Pilon and Meloche.

If we have 2 first round picks, use the highest one on a forward and later one on an offensive defenseman. In addition to the above, that list includes Andersson, Lindgren, Roy, Schemitsch.

If we have 1 first round pick and an early second (31-35), I'd gamble on the chance, which isn't that bad, of one of the previously mentioned defenseman still being there and take a winger with the first round pick.

If we have an amazing day and have 2 first round picks and an early second, I'd go forward->defenseman->defenseman.

Andersson is ranked 84 but I doubt he last past 2nd round. Hopefully he's available for us there

Archived