The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ivan Provorov

Man I'm not NHL scout but I just got a feeling that this guy is destined for greatness just based on watching one game. Like I said I'm no NHL scout but I do have an eye for hockey talent, I watch any hockey I can religously and have done so for probably a decade or more. I could be wrong, maybe Calgary was having an off game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's the goal I spoke of.. http://youtu.be/0EMCt6GNLx4 was surprised to look this guy up after and find that he was a Dman.

well, Im hearing that he IS the fastest skater amongst WHL defenseman.

THIS IS THE GUY WE NEED!!! Speed from the backend and already has NHL size at 6' 200lbs.

And make no mistake...its not like this kid is fresh off the docks either, he has been in North America for most of his teenage life. His english is probably better than some on CDC here. And I doubt he flee's back to Russia to KHL.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be tough to move up to get this kid, he has risen in the draft like a meteor. Toronto is tanking at the right time and will be in a prime position to grab him..ugg.

I am positive TOR drafts a top center prospect for the rebuild if available where they draft

I am positive TOR drafts a top center prospect for the rebuild if available where they draft

They shouldn't, unless they are able to land McDavid or Eichel. Otherwise, just like a lot of teams, they should be building from goaltending out. If they end up moving Phaneuf, the only have Reilly and Gardiner as young defensemen in the organization. Rightfully so, they should be looking at drafting either Provorov or Werenski.

Hopefully he's still on the board at ~10 so the Avs can grab him. I don't think we're going to fall far enough for Hanafin or Werenski and we need to walk out with a top D prospect. Not going to help for next year but he would be a very nice long term piece. As long as we can keep EJ and Barrie, the two of them next to Provorov and Bigras in a few years would be a very nice top 4.

Archived