The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mortal Kombat X Reveal Trailer - Kitana & Kung Lao + Surprise!

Specter's Vengeance

I thought that first teaser trailer last year was pretty bad, but it was pretty obvious that things would look better as they got into production, as they now have. This one looks good.

The last game was probably the best in the entire series, so some expectations are set with this one.

Don't get how this fits into the context of the last game's story though

Kitana died, right? Hell everyone that wasn't Raiden, Johnny Cage and Sonya died

I thought that first teaser trailer last year was pretty bad, but it was pretty obvious that things would look better as they got into production, as they now have. This one looks good.

The last game was probably the best in the entire series, so some expectations are set with this one.

Don't get how this fits into the context of the last game's story though

Kitana died, right? Hell everyone that wasn't Raiden, Johnny Cage and Sonya died

Indeed! MK9 was definitely one of my favorite in the series. MK2 will always be my favorite of all time though...

Regarding the MK9 story

Yeah pretty much. I don't know how they're going to swing it but back in the old MK days people were getting revived all over the place. Mileena was revived like 3 times so maybe they have a reason for them coming back. Dragon Balls and Shenron perhaps? lol

Indeed! MK9 was definitely one of my favorite in the series. MK2 will always be my favorite of all time though...

Regarding the MK9 story

Yeah pretty much. I don't know how they're going to swing it but back in the old MK days people were getting revived all over the place. Mileena was revived like 3 times so maybe they have a reason for them coming back. Dragon Balls and Shenron perhaps? lol

Who knows, lol. I actually enjoyed the hell out of the story mode from MK9. I hope they can do that justice, specifically.

It managed to make all the minor people feel fleshed out and significant. It was all interesting, if not overly destructive.

I hope they bring Jade back, she was my favourite fighter from the last game.

If they're just reviving people, then why not

Who knows, lol. I actually enjoyed the hell out of the story mode from MK9. I hope they can do that justice, specifically.

It managed to make all the minor people feel fleshed out and significant. It was all interesting, if not overly destructive.

I hope they bring Jade back, she was my favourite fighter from the last game.

If they're just reviving people, then why not

Yeah she was deadly (awesome). I've always been a Sub-Zero guy myself since MK1.

NOW HE'S MOTOCROSS HELMET WEARING BLOODY ANDROID?!

So yeah we'll see how all this pans out. Either way, MORTAL KOMBAT!!! EEEEE!!!! lol

it's ridiculous anyway, and people constantly come back from the dead, so there's nothing new in that regard.

Everyone dying in a fell swoop was a very relevant part to the story.

The whole thing was a reboot so it started with them reviving everyone yeah, but them tackling the first 3 games together like they did made for an interesting and detailed story. It's not going to win any awards, but it seems like you're thinking of it like an older MK game. The story mode is long. Like 10-12+ hours long, giving everyone a little plot slice.

Yeah reviving happens all the time, and will continue to do so, but they've adopted a lot nuance into their storytelling, where it's not just a generic mass of things presented as a tournament fighter.

I dl'd some free mortal kombat game on my ps4 last month and went 6-0 right off the bat in multiplayer. Button mashed the whole time. That style of game is pretty awful, and pretty much unchanged from the 90s. Much better graphics but that's about it.

Not trying to knock your game. Just my opinion on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's a good game. Great game. Better in some ways to the last game even. But holy hell does this game have such a horrid DLC structure. It has enough fighters sure, but the manner in which these others were introduced and rolled out is exploitative.

I want to comment more on the game itself, and I will as I do log some hours and at least complete the story mode. But It's hard to say excited when the game wants me to spend $30 for a season pass of pre-announced roster additions that will not even complete my game in characters or other add ons. And there's the offer to spend $22 God damn dollars to bypass all the unlocks from the krypt instead of earning it in the game. That's not to forget Goro as a $6 day one DLC lockout to those that didn't grace them with a pre-order (or a pre-order from the correct vendor.)

It's not the only AAA game to release paid single player shortcuts, day one DLC, season passes, expensive add ons, or characters/campaigns that were clearly cut out just so that they could be charged for later, but I have to say it is the worst example of micro-transactions run amok that I've ever seen, and I have the game Evolve.

I am appalled that there is no Noob.

All I wanted was Jade, but she's not there either.

Noob seems like an odd exemption. They wiped out all the good guys in the last game, but some of the bad guys aren't present... because they wanted to clean house I guess?

At first glance/play, I can't say that I'm a particular fan of most of these newcomers, but it is a tough task to create your own cast. I mean all the guys had to do for the last game was just recycle the cast of MK 1-3. Now they had to do it on their own. I can say they hit a home run on a couple of people like Cass Cage.

Re: The story mode, I can appreciate what I've seen so far. Seeing Quan Chi's undead army is legitimately depressing. I don't like what I've hear about the game's length though.

Outside of Cass Cage as my favourite fighter, the perfect person has to be Kitana. She was one of my favourites before, and marrying her attacks to a couple from Jade's repertoire in her "Mournful" combat style essentially makes for a near perfect character.

And with the different combat styles, it's hard not to have good things to say about the variations they built, but I do have to say that in the realm of resources and time management as developers I would have liked to have seen that effort poured into more fighters, rather than beefing up existing ones.

Archived