The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brad Marchand slew-foots Derick Brassard (Gets 2 Games)

spliced

I know the popular thing to do is lament the perceived lack of action by the league to anything done by a Bruins player, but Marchand did receive 5 games for submarining Salo and I think that might play into this decision.

He should get a couple, but even if he doesn't I doubt that it will be because of some Boston bias. If you look at the lack of consistency on the part of DoPS this season, the incompetence seems to be pretty well spread out to encompass the entire league.

right, there's a big conspiracy to help the Bruins. meanwhile, they are the team with the fewest power play opportunities in the league (18 fewer PPs than even the second fewest on the list, 39 fewer than the median and 59 fewer than the team that has the most). But yeah, you know that league.... always helping the bruins...

he has a player safety hearing, lets see what happens before whining (though I'm sure there will be whining regardless of the outcome).

right, there's a big conspiracy to help the Bruins. meanwhile, they are the team with the fewest power play opportunities in the league (18 fewer PPs than even the second fewest on the list, 39 fewer than the median and 59 fewer than the team that has the most). But yeah, you know that league.... always helping the bruins...

he has a player safety hearing, lets see what happens before whining (though I'm sure there will be whining regardless of the outcome).

Right up there with death and taxes...

Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand will have a hearing Friday with the NHL Department of Player Safety for a slew-footing incident against New York Rangers forward Derick Brassard during a game Thursday at TD Garden.

Marchand and Brassard were chasing a puck in the Boston zone with 5:29 left in the second period when Brassard fell hard into the boards after being tangled with Marchand. No penalty was assessed on the play. Brassard remained in the game.

Boston won the game 3-0.

The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: slew-footing. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=749000&navid=nhl:topheads

Archived