The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks-Dallas

Dallas could use a decent backup to play a fair number of games.

Could we pry Brett Ritchie for Lack, dont think they do it straight up but maybe we add Grenier

So:

Lack, grenier

for

B.Ritchie

Desjardins Coached him, and maybe he sees him as a replacement for kassian? Looked like the kind of player we could use/makes Kassian moveable for a D?

I think it's not a bad idea.

I would love nichushkin from them... How about

Lack + 2nd [maybe add gaunce?]

For

Val nichushkin?

Lack's value right now, at best is a 2nd, so basically you're offering 2 2nds for a play many thought was a top 6 talent in a very deep draft year.. I don't see them moving him for anything other than a steep overpayment.

Lack's value right now, at best is a 2nd, so basically you're offering 2 2nds for a play many thought was a top 6 talent in a very deep draft year.. I don't see them moving him for anything other than a steep overpayment.

Ya to be honest i didnt know too much about him, was thinking of players Desjardins had last year we could maybe get.

Would Lack and Kassian be closer though out of curiosity?

Nichushkin's had consistency issues and was rushed into the NHL, only really put up nice numbers because he was playing with stars. In Vancouver he'd struggle to put up offence, but maybe we can get him cheap right now.

Lack + 2nd should do it. Both Lack and Nichushkin's values are at a career low right now. This lets us see how Nichushkin plays in our forward group and depending on how good he is, we can ship Kassian or Higgins off to Boston for (ideally) a good young defenceman like Krug (most likely), Morrow (I wish) or Hamilton (never going to happen).

TO DAL: Lack + 2nd

TO VAN: Nichushkin

TO BOS: Kassian + Sbisa + Higgins

TO VAN: Morrow

Not sure if that last trade will work with their cap but capgeek is down so don't blame me. We may not finish off the rest of the season very well but here's a dynamite young, growing lineup for next season:

Sedin - Sedin - Nichushkin

Vbrata - Bonino - Vey

Jensen - Matthias - Burrows

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Hansen

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Corrado

Morrow - Bieksa

Miller

Markstrom

Archived