The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Any Sabres fans out there going to game Friday?

lah1415

At the risk of being trolled...

I'm a Buffalo native living in Portland, Oregon, and I've been looking for an excuse to visit Vancouver. My hometown Sabres are playing the Canucks on Friday, and I want to drive up for the game. Anybody out there from Buffalo or a Sabres fan? Are you guys aware of any place where opposing fans regularly meet up? Where are the best spots to go before the game?

Yes, I am aware the Sabres are terrible -- it's more about visiting Vancouver and enjoying a hockey game there. By the way, I'm male, 26 years old and generally pretty easy to get along with.

Hopefully you don't mind me intruding on the Canucks talk to make this thread! Thanks everyone.

-Luke

I'm a Buffalo native living in Portland, Oregon, and I've been looking for an excuse to visit Vancouver. My hometown Sabres are playing the Canucks on Friday, and I want to drive up for the game. Anybody out there from Buffalo or a Sabres fan? Are you guys aware of any place where opposing fans regularly meet up? Where are the best spots to go before the game?

Yes, I am aware the Sabres are terrible -- it's more about visiting Vancouver and enjoying a hockey game there. By the way, I'm male, 26 years old and generally pretty easy to get along with.

Hopefully you don't mind me intruding on the Canucks talk to make this thread! Thanks everyone.

-Luke

Your post will be getting moved to a different section soon. There is opposing tailgating for NFL games, but I seriously doubt you'd find opposing gatherings for hockey. Especially right in Canada.

I respect the Sabres as the Canucks' expansion sister, and the fact that their fans have to put up with Maple Leaf fans in worse ways than we can imagine. I also respect the fact that any Sabre fan admits to being one in this day and age, when they're absolutely dreadful. All that said, this is a Canucks forum, not a venue for opposing teams fans to plan to meet up.

Mini mods are more cancerous to society than tortorella was to the canucks

Jesus Slegr, he asked a question looking for general knowledge regarding in-arena stuff that many members of the canucks fan base are capable of answering.

There's no designated areas for opposing fans, I believe. Hope you enjoy your experience though!

Jesus Slegr, he asked a question looking for general knowledge regarding in-arena stuff that many members of the canucks fan base are capable of answering.

There's no designated areas for opposing fans, I believe. Hope you enjoy your experience though!

Here's a designated area for him to pose the question: http://fans.sabres.nhl.com/community/

...Why would Sabres fans (most likely not from Vancouver) know anything about Vancouver though? He's asking specifically about the Vancouver area, he just happens to be a Sabres fan.

There are dozens of tourism Vancouver related sites out there. Not all Canucks fans are from Vancouver. This forum is about Canucks talk. I realize that's a bit tricky for some to comprehend.

I hate the people on this site

How negative are you lot? Are you constantly bullied and need to act like big men on a forum?

The guy asked a simple question calm the &^@# down. People wonder why the Canucks are hated.

Typical Vancouver memtality, exactly the reason I moved away

To OP, best thing to do is try some sports bars near the arena. Unfortunately the Sabres aren't big in Vancouver so outside the actual game Id imagine it being difficult.

Hang around the plaza at the arena before game time im sure youll find some friends

Cheers mate

There are dozens of tourism Vancouver related sites out there. Not all Canucks fans are from Vancouver. This forum is about Canucks talk. I realize that's a bit tricky for some to comprehend.

Ooooh poor you someone held a gun to your head and made you click here!!!

Get a life

Haven't read the thread, but hope you have a great time.

There are so many places located near/around the arena that really you should just venture into whatever looks appealing to you. Vancouver's a pretty friendly place and you should honestly be welcomed by all....last time another member from here and I attended a game we hit a local watering hole and there were opposing fans seated across from us - was nothing but a bit of respectable trolling back/forth that happened.

Make sure you go in early...doors generally open an hour or so before puck drop. You are permitted to go down to ice level to grab pictures, see the warm ups up close, etc.

Can't wish you good luck because, well...you know, I want my team to win. But hope you have a fun; positive experience!

(After having read/cleaned up the thread, let's try to keep it civilized here folks. And this will remain here, as it is in relation to an upcoming game involving the Canucks and there's no harm in doing so. This will obvious generate more responses)

Expect a lot of people to point out how much of a cancer in the room Daddy's Boy (Hodgson) is. He's really not liked here due to his spoiled attitude that culminated in him requesting a trade.

Costco hotdogs before the game are always a good call due to price gouging at the arena. I can't offer a solution, but the beer in Rogers Arena sucks For non hockey-related activities, it really depends what you're into. Have fun visiting here!

There is a good restaurant located beside Costco near the Stadium Chinatown station. I usually go there and eat away. You should try and visit Stanley Park. It is such an amazing site.

Just remember when you are in the Rogers Arena, be careful as there are naughty fans that might call you out. I've seen it happen before and trust me, that scenario is rare since most fans are nice and welcoming. And the fan atmosphere is pretty damn bad in the arena. It's not going to be an L.A, DAL, CHI, STL type game where the fan atmosphere is over the top. Just wanted to point that out.

Enjoy :)

haha, typical elitist vancouverite attitude, condescending internet crusader butthurt...in any case, he is talking about the canucks, playing against his sabres, that's canucks talk to me. the most painful part of being a canucks fan is having to deal with other canuck fans like yourself. you're giving me diabetes.

-Luke

Often times there will be larger groups of opposing fans at games but I have no idea where they might congregate before the game. I doubt there would be many Sabre's fans there due to the recent struggles of that franchise. Perhaps you could post this on the HFboards ? You'll have better luck finding an answer there than on this forum. Regardless have fun at the game and welcome to the Forum

Archived