The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler hit.

linden17

Kesler did not do anything to avoid the hit to the head. Therefore he should see a suspension or at the very least a fine. He isn't a dirty player so if be fine with either or. And yes as mentioned above it does bug me that nobody came to his aid and challenged kes. There is nothing I hate more than a player who throws a huge legal check and all of the sudden has to fight because of it. The challenging player should get thrown out for instigating , but in this case it's hard to argue anyone who would of challenged kesler.

Actually John & John stated it was an intentional hit, and I do agree, when you see the different playback angles, there is no doubt he maliciously hit Dorset with his ELBOW.

This cheap play just made me lose any respect I had for him, he is a douche bag.

He states:

"All I know is I was going for the puck and I felt him hit," Kesler said. "I hope he's all right. It's a fast game out there. I was just going for the puck, trying to make a hockey play. I didn't even see him I just saw the puck and he kind of ran into me. It wasn't malicious at all."

Oh Really, take a look at the different angles and you'll see it was a shoulder hit then he took his elbow and hit Dorsett's head.

I hope we pick up the slack and get motivated to win next time we play them.

The 7 second video shows that the elbow didn't hit him. The only question that remains is, since the principle point of contact was the lowered head, is that enough for Kesler to escape punishment?

I don't think Kesler will get anything because he tried to avoid the contact, and it won't have anything to do with Dorsett being a Canuck.

*edit* Kass overskating that puck was kinda funny. However it was silly that the goaltender was pulled in a 3-0 game.

The hardest thing about playing the Ducks is that Kesler knows everything about the players on the Canucks. Kesler sits down with the team and lays out the Sedin plays and other tendencies is a huge advantage. The only way the Canucks beat the Ducks is if everyone plays outside the box.

Considering Dorsett got up and wasn't injured it will likely just be a fine. If he was injured Kes would deserve a 1-2 game suspension, whether or not he would get one is another story.

But that is exactly the problem. It's the 'no harm no foul' approach to this which gives the inconsistency. IF he was injured... or SINCE he is injured he will get some games... it is those kind of hits that have the potential to injure somebody. Just because someone is or isn't shouldn't dictate the punishment IMO.

Just like Kassian's errant stick last year. Hit the guys jaw and broke it.. very unfortunate and unlucky. If that hits him in the neck and the oiler goes down in a heap but later returns then there is a penalty and MAYBE a fine. If it hits him in the visor or the helmet Kass get's a penalty. That is where the inconsistency comes from within the DPS.

We will wait and see. Kesler may get fined. I would argue that DD was in a defenseless position and should Kes should get a game or two but that's just me.

But that is exactly the problem. It's the 'no harm no foul' approach to this which gives the inconsistency. IF he was injured... or SINCE he is injured he will get some games... it is those kind of hits that have the potential to injure somebody. Just because someone is or isn't shouldn't dictate the punishment IMO.

Just like Kassian's errant stick last year. Hit the guys jaw and broke it.. very unfortunate and unlucky. If that hits him in the neck and the oiler goes down in a heap but later returns then there is a penalty and MAYBE a fine. If it hits him in the visor or the helmet Kass get's a penalty. That is where the inconsistency comes from within the DPS.

We will wait and see. Kesler may get fined. I would argue that DD was in a defenseless position and should Kes should get a game or two but that's just me.

I really doubt he would of gotten back up if the stick hit Gagner in the neck, in fact it probably would of been a lot more severe than a broken jaw.

Considering how hard the stick hit Gagner if it hit his neck instead of his jaw then he potentially could of been in life threatening danger.

Archived