The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks May Be Seeing A Lot More Of Tyler Myers Soon

SabreFan1

I seriously doubt that Murray will trade Tyler Myers (his TOI is over 25 min./game), but by the sound of it, Anaheim is really pushing to make it happen.

There's been a handful of articles about it in the last few days, but Hockey Buzz's was the most thorough of them.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTHS-CORNER/Ducks-In-Pursuit-Of-Myers/6/66026

Honeydew wanted more than just the above link so here's 3 more:

http://www.tsn.ca/trade-talk-ducks-show-interest-in-sabres-d-myers-canadiens-eyeing-capitals-d-green-1.197127

http://www.hngn.com/articles/65721/20150202/anaheim-ducks-rumors-buffalo-sabres-tyler-myers-a-trade-deadline-target.htm

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NHL&id=2552&line=236873&spln=1

Only reason Timmy trades him is if a large overpayment is coming.

The Canucks should be working themselves towards Anaheim's position, where they're full of prospects and depth and have loads of capspace, despite having several prime-age core elements in place.

That's a long time away, and doesn't involve bandaid trades, overpaying UFA's, and taking on bad contracts.

IMO Buffalo would be foolish to trade him. He'll be a very valuable player to them once they start to turn it around.

And if they are to trade him, please not to Anaheim, they're good enough as is.

I agree. He's coming into his own right now. He's finally becoming a 2-way defenceman. He's going to continue to get better.

He turned 25 yesterday so he's going to be valuable for the next 8-10 years.

Actually McKenzie and Dreger have also stated this, it's been a paragraph twice on TSN daily trade news.

Ducks have the cap AND picks/pieces to make this happen.

One of Etem/Theodore/Silfverberg/Ritchie and a 1st is my guess.

Seriously be a pain in the ass to try and deal with that nonsense on a very mobile Ducks blue line.

At the same time it leaves me wondering if the Sabres are just going to ship the remaining vets out over the next season and hope for Day/Chychrun

Don't really think hockeybuzz is a credible website...

Until it's not listed on the acceptable sources, it is ok to use it as a link. SabreFan probably should have put this in the Trades/Rumours/Signings forum with an Eklund tag, but it's still an ok thread and could generate some interesting discussion.

But I don't see Anaheim paying the price Buffalo would want. Meyers has turned it around a little from a few years ago when his contract looked like an anchor, but I don't think he's quite worth what it'd cost to get him.

Until it's not listed on the acceptable sources, it is ok to use it as a link. SabreFan probably should have put this in the Trades/Rumours/Signings forum with an Eklund tag, but it's still an ok thread and could generate some interesting discussion.

But I don't see Anaheim paying the price Buffalo would want. Meyers has turned it around a little from a few years ago when his contract looked like an anchor, but I don't think he's quite worth what it'd cost to get him.

I almost did put it there, but I figured that the safe way was to just stick it in here since the rules are a bit more lax.

it would take more than one of Etem,Silfverberg,Theodore,Ritchie and a 1st to land Myers lol.Is this the Ducks board haha

I could kinda see Etem, Theodore, one of Rakell/Karlsson, and a 1st. Might take a little more but that's not a bad starting package.

it would take more than one of Etem,Silfverberg,Theodore,Ritchie and a 1st to land Myers lol. Is this the Ducks board haha

I agree. It might even take two of those plus the first to make Buffalo consider (or something equivalent overall). Defenceman the size of Myers who are already playing big minutes in the NHL don't come along every day.

I almost did put it there, but I figured that the safe way was to just stick it in here since the rules are a bit more lax.

No worries, easy enough to have a mod move it. I've had to ask in the past as well if I accidentally put something in the wrong forum.

Actually McKenzie and Dreger have also stated this, it's been a paragraph twice on TSN daily trade news.

Ducks have the cap AND picks/pieces to make this happen.

One of Etem/Theodore/Silfverberg/Ritchie and a 1st is my guess.

Seriously be a pain in the ass to try and deal with that nonsense on a very mobile Ducks blue line.

At the same time it leaves me wondering if the Sabres are just going to ship the remaining vets out over the next season and hope for Day/Chychrun

well if McKenzie and Dreger talk about it then it will never happen as they havn't had any good or real news on trades for sometime now

Make no mistake, Anaheim is going to go all-in this year and next...especially this one. They have tonnes of cap space and prospects, so they could conceivably land any potentially available player.

With LA and San Jose struggling, this looks like the easiest time they'll get to get out of the Pacific. And the Central will be a dogfight - whoever gets out of there will likely be beat up and exhausted by the conference final.

Myers makes a lot of sense. The Ducks have a lot of offensive weapons from their blueline, but lack the big monster who can handle Kopitar/Thornton/etc. in front of the net. And he's not a rental, so there's more justification to give up futures for him.

Archived