The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The ISIS Thread

FramingDragon

Any updates how ISIS is doing right now?

Are they being slowed down, growing, losing, winning?

I can't seem to find any info on that in the news.

The airstrikes are slowing them down but not stopping them. They'll keep running roughshod over the Mideast until somebody puts ground troops in. I just hope it isn't the US that does it. The populace here is tired of being the world's police. Let Europe and/or other Mideast countries handle this.

The airstrikes are slowing them down but not stopping them. They'll keep running roughshod over the Mideast until somebody puts ground troops in. I just hope it isn't the US that does it. The populace here is tired of being the world's police. Let Europe and/or other Mideast countries handle this.

You break it you buy it.

You break it you buy it.

That's the thing. There's nothing to salvage there anymore. The place is a wasteland full of human scum that is killing their own people en masse. That part of the world has been tearing itself apart for hundreds of years.

The place is a wasteland full of human scum that is killing their own people en masse. That part of the world has been tearing itself apart for hundreds of years.

Is your world view really so constricted that the only thing that you see of concern is the possibility of US being involved? This is like your fourth post about Americans needing to know about their country maybe going to war. Otherwise it's apparently just savages being savages.

The quoted bit is not just imbecile, it's straight up racist.

Being one of the most powerful militaries in the world (by an INCREDIBLE landslide) comes with the expectation to respond to humanitarian crises like this one where aid just won't cut it. Of course, countries like Jordan and Saudi Arabia need to respond as well.

Maybe as part of this "populace" so tired of playing World Police, you need to learn the difference between searching for ghost WMDs as a lone nut country and forming an international coalition against a humanitarian and political crisis

Is your world view really so constricted that the only thing that you see of concern is the possibility of US being involved? This is like your fourth post about Americans needing to know about their country maybe going to war. Otherwise it's apparently just savages being savages.

The quoted bit is not just imbecile, it's straight up racist.

The bolded pretty much sums up my feelings.

I don't consider my post racist, but if you do then that's you prerogative. No point in me arguing about it.

Jordan executes ISIS hostages. I disagree with the move as Jordan lowers themselves to similar levels. Had a chance to take the high road and missed it.

I'm just glad they didn't do the "eye for an eye" thing. Hanging is inhumane as a punishment, but hopefully they at least went quickly.

Jordan executes ISIS hostages. I disagree with the move as Jordan lowers themselves to similar levels. Had a chance to take the high road and missed it.

I'm just glad they didn't do the "eye for an eye" thing. Hanging is inhumane as a punishment, but hopefully they at least went quickly.

How exactly would you punish a would-be suicide bomber?

Being one of the most powerful militaries in the world (by an INCREDIBLE landslide) comes with the expectation to respond to humanitarian crises like this one where aid just won't cut it. Of course, countries like Jordan and Saudi Arabia need to respond as well.

Maybe as part of this "populace" so tired of playing World Police, you need to learn the difference between searching for ghost WMDs as a lone nut country and forming an international coalition against a humanitarian and political crisis

We (the US) do have the most powerful military in history, but that doesn't mean that we should keep risking US lives and US treasure in order to screw up that cesspool more than we already have.

I was against attacking Iraq whether they had WMD's, real or not real. George Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in US history.

A united Europe can handle a ground offensive against ISIS. Add in Canada, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, etc. and ISIS wouldn't last even 6 months.

*edit* Added a few words to correct my sentences. I'm having a problem writing properly today... lol

How exactly would you punish a would-be suicide bomber?

Me? I have no idea. I'm against capital punishment, but I also don't have to live in fear of being blown up by crazy people strapped with explosives.

That being said, I'm the wrong person to ask that question of.

We (the US) does have the most powerful military in history, but that doesn't mean that we should keep risking US lives and US treasure in order to screw up that cesspool than we already have.

I was against attacking Iraq whether they had WMD's, real or not real. George Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in US history.

A united Europe can handle a ground offensive against ISIS. Add in Canada, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, etc. and ISIS wouldn't last even 6 months.

Hey now I want a piece of ISIS. We've got boots on the ground already plus years of experience fighting in the region. I was against Iraq in 2003 now 11 years later I'm saying the thing I never thought I'd say. We need to go back into Iraq we screwed Iraq up now we need to go and wipe ISIS off the face of the earth.

Just my $0.02

Hey now I want a piece of ISIS. We've got boots on the ground already plus years of experience fighting in the region. I was against Iraq in 2003 now 11 years later I'm saying the thing I never thought I'd say. We need to go back into Iraq we screwed Iraq up now we need to go and wipe ISIS off the face of the earth.

Just my $0.02

If you're Canadian, then I hope that what I typed about joining together with Europe and certain other countries happens. If you're American like me, I'll be voting for a non-warhawk for 2016. That basically means no Republicans or Hillary Clinton.

Archived