The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) [Mckenzie]Evander Kane Trade Possiblilities

Nessnuck27

http://www.tsn.ca/conventional-vs-kane-ventional-wisdom-1.203159

"But where it really gets interesting is there are three current playoff teams – Vancouver, Calgary and to a far lesser extent Washington -- who have legitimate, if varying, levels of interest in Kane as a pre-deadline acquisition.

Yes, it's counter intuitive. A playoff bound team potentially giving up player or players off its roster now for a player who can't play until the fall. But the Canucks, Flames and Capitals have thought about it or would at least like to explore that possibility; Kane intrigues them that much.

Vancouver would be at the top of that list.

The Canucks want to make the playoffs, make no mistake. But the new regime of general manager Jim Benning also knows as important as it is to stay competitive and strive for playoffs, there's a long-range vision, too, and getting a 23-year-old Kane fits into that plan.

The rub, though, is Winnipeg is sure to want a package that includes one of the Canucks' best young prospects – centre Bo Horvat and/or Jake Virtanen – and that's a non-starter for Vancouver. Is there a package that includes a Canuck roster player and a different prospect (Jared McCann, for example) that might intrigue the Jets?

Perhaps we'll find out." -Bob McKenzie

Would it be worth it to give up McCann for Kane?

I personally do not want to do that

Horvat and virtanen are non starters For sure.

Shinkaruk mccann cassels gaunce Jensen all have me thinking.

Cassels and McCann are non starters for me.

Sent them two roster guys.

Bonino and higgins for example.

Youth isn't something we should be trading,

At this point, for a head case, who's recovering (will be) from major surgery, I wouldn't even give up McCann or Cassels.

I wouldn't mind Shinkaruk or Jensen, but not sure it that would be enough. I wouldn't give up more than Shink/Jenssen + Higgins/MAtthias/Hansen/Richardson.

Virtanen/Horvat/McCann are my untouchables.

I'd be very hesitant in trading Shinkaruk, Jensen, and Gaunce.

Cassels, McNally, Grenier, I'm fine with but they aren't going to bring back much. The good thing is, I trust Bob Mckenzie the most out of all and anyone in the hockey world. I hope we are 100% in this and GMJB out gm's GMKC.

This deal doesn't work out for the Jets. All our prospects you want to trade like 20th overall and over. Higgins is like a 3rd liner or 2nd liner. Kane has potential to be a 1st. Also the salary for the Canucks doesn't work. I don't see the Canucks getting Kane.

where a prospect was drafted has nothing to do with their value. But i do think your right in saying thst my package wouldn't intrigue the jets all that much. I wouldn't mind seeing kane in a canucks Jersey for the right price. But i also wouldn't mind seeing benning turn down a deal that jeopardises our future/playoff implications this year.

This deal doesn't work out for the Jets. All our prospects you want to trade like 20th overall and over. Higgins is like a 3rd liner or 2nd liner. Kane has potential to be a 1st. Also the salary for the Canucks doesn't work. I don't see the Canucks getting Kane.

I'm not a fan of Kane and would certainly not pay the big price for him,

but I actually don't agree with the fact the Cancuks are not a good match.

Winnipeg is actually in a fight for the playoff, they also have big expectation to get in. Most playoff team wouldn't trade veteran players that can help the Jets make the playoff. And non-playoff team wouldn't necessary part ways with young prospect and Kane might not be the best model for rebuilding teams with young rookies.

Where I see the Canucks having an advtange is we basically have three 3rd line (depth), with players that can jump around from 2nd/3rd line. We can afford to let one go and when you package a Jensen/Shinkaruk, who are not top of the line prospect but with good offensive potential and have a few miles in the AHL, I think the Jets could consider it, to make a playoff push. Jensen could step into their line-up rightaway too.

**Just have to make sure, that the team they beat out in the end isn't the Canucks lol.

All the second and third line players in the world are NOT going to get Kane! They want a good roster player (Hansen, Kassian), a first rate prospect (Horvat, Vertanen, maybe McCain or Jenson) and a 1st rounder pick or you will NOT get him. Sheesh

Archived