The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning will be tested on Deadline day.

desiboynux4lifee*******

No one here or at tsn knows what was offered.

The only piece in that deal that would make me pause is the 1st. Kane and Bogosian would have filled two big needs.

I am wondering if we could even afford the cap on that trade though.

I'd be interested to know what we offered, wonder if we will ever know?

Please bring back the minus button. It's like everyone has a free ride on whatever they want to post.

Benning will not be trading McCann or Virtannen at this point, as they are key components of what Benning wants to build his team towards (Benning picks)

Tanev is also not going anywhere. and also who is testing Benning right now? the examiner?

The Canucks are not going anywhere this year and you guys need to understand this.

The Kane trade makes sense because we aren't competitive at all this year, but next year, we still have a chance. That's why trading for Kane wasn't that stupid of an idea. Especially because his value was at an all-time low..

We won't be getting any big name players this year, or probably for the next 3-4. I doubt someone of Kane's caliber is put on the market again, and i think JB is fixed on developing his players (i am not saying this is a bad thing) so i'm pretty sure we're just gonna suck for the next 3-4 years (again, not a bad thing, gotta get those top 10 picks) while the kids develop.

Don't expect anything big. We'll probably hover from 6-10th place for the next few years.

Please bring back the minus button. It's like everyone has a free ride on whatever they want to post.

Benning will not be trading McCann or Virtannen at this point, as they are key components of what Benning wants to build his team towards (Benning picks)

Tanev is also not going anywhere. and also who is testing Benning right now? the examiner?

I think it is unlikely virtanen or McCann get traded. Tanev i am not so sure. I think a lot will depend on just how contract talks are going. There is a bit of contract history there and if tanev prices himself too high benning may take advantage of his trade value. Not likely imo but still a possibility until an extension is done.

I don't really see a need to fill any holes in the current roster through trades/UFAs. I want to see players like Virtanen, Shinkaruk, McCann, 2015 1st Rounder to have a chance at cracking the starting line-up. If we start throwing out offers to players we're just going to create a log-jam that doesn't allow our youngsters to earn their place in the line-up.

I think we should be sellers at the deadline, offloading Lack/Markstrom, Higgins, Stanton/Weber/Sbisa and potentially Kassian (only if Benning/Desjardins doesn't want him here, or Kassian wants out).

In exchange for those players, we should be after young prospects or high draft picks.

Through a few tweets, apparently Canucks needed to give up Kassian, McCann, Tanev, and a 1st for Kane and Bogosian…

0 replies0 retweets0 favorites
Retweet
Favorite

Pretty sure this tweet you probably saw am I right?

I wouldn't trust this guy...

1) "through a few tweets" ?? From who? Pretty sure that is his own assumption and guess what the deal would have been

2) who the heck is this guy?

3) Benning is thrilled to have McCann and just recently he went to travel and watch him and had nothing but good things to say about him. McCann is Benning's guy, it would take a lot more to sway him to move Jared

4) TSN might have suggested McCann would be in the deal but thats total crap. TSN is throwing out crap from just about anywhere. Yesterday they suggested from Botchford's blog that the Canucks should trade Horvat and Virtanen to get Kane. TSN is bunch of crap now

Check the source, take everything with a grain of salt because there are a lot of wannabe hockey analysts that make up total false accusations and statements especially during the trade deadline

He does suggest that's what the Canucks would have needed, but it also implies JB was NOT willing to part with that package.

I think it is unlikely virtanen or McCann get traded. Tanev i am not so sure. I think a lot will depend on just how contract talks are going. There is a bit of contract history there and if tanev prices himself too high benning may take advantage of his trade value. Not likely imo but still a possibility until an extension is done.

right now, I see tanev as the most likely canuck to be traded at the deadline.......followed closely by Mathias and Richardson.

ur stating it like its the truth, and not the speculation and opinion of tsn. Kypreos has got in trouble in the past from gm's for making bull$&!# rumors up based on nothing. Also despite what you heard why would Benning in his right mind trade tanev? Hes our only good defenceman that is not older than 28 and will help Canucks greatly now, and on the future. Also if nucks were to trade to detroit it would likely be for a forward and not a defenceman cus they dont have any that could fill tanevs whole on our roster beside kronwall and hes not getting traded. Trading Tanev would lead for a big exploitation of our defence. And re-signing tanev has to be a top concern for Benning

Apparently the offer was Kassain, 1st, Mcann and Tanev

I'm guessing this offer is just a pure speculation.

But if it indeed was true... JB is crazy then. Tanev brings so much stability to Edler's play, if JB thinks Tanev is tradeable, then it's beyond stupidity. And Kane is great but WPG had to sell him so why give up Kassian, 1st, and McCann? Buffalo could afford to have traded those prospects and 1st rounder because they have in their pipeline, 10 prospects ahead of those two that were just traded as well as 2 more first round picks for 2015. We can't afford to trade both the 1st and McCann.

right now, I see tanev as the most likely canuck to be traded at the deadline.......followed closely by Mathias and Richardson.

Why would you think Tanev or Matthias would be traded?

Both of those players have exceeded expectations this year, both are young and both can be anchors for this team for a long time.

Archived