The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

( Proposal) Van- Buf Deadline

With Girgenson on the rise and McEichel on the way, Buffalo seems to be fairing well in the center position. Now where does that leave 2014 2nd overall pick Sam Reinhart? With a less than impressive campaign in Kooteany, Buffalo might be losing hope on Sam Reinhart. And with the Canucks looking for someone to replace Hank, Buffalo and Vancouver could be ideal trading partners. And we wont have to give up as much as we do if we were going for nuge.

Van

Reinhart

Buf 3rd 2015

Buf

Cassels

Corrado

Jensen/Kassian

2016 1st

Thoughts?

With Girgenson on the rise and McEichel on the way, Buffalo seems to be fairing well in the center position. Now where does that leave 2014 2nd overall pick Sam Reinhart? With a less than impressive campaign in Kooteany, Buffalo might be losing hope on Sam Reinhart. And with the Canucks looking for someone to replace Hank, Buffalo and Vancouver could be ideal trading partners. And we wont have to give up as much as we do if we were going for nuge.

Van

Reinhart

Buf 2nd 2015

Buf

Richardson/Cassels

Corrado

Jensen/Kassian

Lack

2015 4th

Thoughts?

IMO it doesn't mean Buffalo is losing hope on Rienhart. Benning tried to get Buffalo's pick last year at the draft. Do you really think he's going to get Reinhart with the players your giving them. Realistically they would want a Horvat,McCann ,Virtanen type players in which Benning stated in the province and team radio that they are not being traded.

Why would Buffalo want Richarson who is a ufa at the end of the year without know the extent of his injury. Benning also stated he will be dealing with the goaltending situation most likey at the draft then the trade deadline.

Van

Reinhart

Buf 2nd 2015

Buf

Cassels

Corrado

Jensen/Kassian

2015 4th

Thoughts?

Lol.

Do you honestly think Buffalo would do that?

This trade is awful.

They MIGHT do,

2015 first

McCann

Jensen/Kassian

for Reinhart

it's clear that you are approaching this only from vancouver's perspective

buffalo's perspective likely would be

we already have a ton of draft picks and prospects

we are not interested in diluting quailty with quantity

if you want quality you will trade quality back to us

if you want our first pick from last year you better be prepared to give us equal value in 1 player

or near value and a quality pick in return

they'd want our 1st in the 2015 draft and perhaps someone like virtanen

they have no interest in trading reinhart so soon

unless you blow their socks off

i doubt they are looking at vancouver and thinking

i wonder if we can offload or dump reinhart on that team

they see him as a real asset

their top centres are Ennis, and Girgenson, and they are about to draft a generational centre in either 1st, or 2nd pick overall.
while i agree quality has to be exchanged, filling holes, and meeting team needs is what buffalo has to be looking at soon, if not after this draft. buffalos biggest hole is goal, and the Canucks do have a piece they can move. I'm not suggesting buffalo has 'Given up" on Reinhart, I'm discussing Vancouver's interest in him and a trade that in theory would won't out for both teams.

Lack/Markstorm
2015 1st
top Prospect NOT Horvat/Virtanen, or Kassian

for

Reinhart

think of the line of Kane-Eichel-Kassian

(id personally draft McDavid)

I meant as in losing hope that hé will be Buffalos 1st line center.

And I meant as in losing hope that Kassian will be a top 6 winger. There's no difference in either statement since both have that level of potential upside.

Well, I guess there's one difference: you're suggesting Buffalo would give up on their 2nd overall pick from the most recent draft while I'm suggesting we still haven't given up on the player we traded for that was drafted coming up on 6 years ago.

their top centres are Ennis, and Girgenson, and they are about to draft a generational centre in either 1st, or 2nd pick overall.

while i agree quality has to be exchanged, filling holes, and meeting team needs is what buffalo has to be looking at soon, if not after this draft. buffalos biggest hole is goal, and the Canucks do have a piece they can move. I'm not suggesting buffalo has 'Given up" on Reinhart, I'm discussing Vancouver's interest in him and a trade that in theory would won't out for both teams.

Lack/Markstorm

2015 1st

top Prospect NOT Horvat/Virtanen, or Kassian

for

Reinhart

think of the line of Kane-Eichel-Kassian

(id personally draft McDavid)

buffalo would just say no

and have a nice day

Didn't we try to trade for Reinhardt and the deal that Buffalo turned down was our top pick (ended up as Virtanen), Shinkaruk and another player? If they turned that down, there's no way they take this.
Essentially your argument is that after drafting McDavid, Buffalo will be at a position of strength with four great young centers. The next part of your argument is that maybe that means he'll be given away cheap. But they're in a position of strength, not weakness.

Honestly I bet they are asking a ridiculously high price for him. Along the lines of Tanev, Virtanen and our first.

Didn't we try to trade for Reinhardt and the deal that Buffalo turned down was our top pick (ended up as Virtanen), Shinkaruk and another player? If they turned that down, there's no way they take this.

Essentially your argument is that after drafting McDavid, Buffalo will be at a position of strength with four great young centers. The next part of your argument is that maybe that means he'll be given away cheap. But they're in a position of strength, not weakness.

Honestly I bet they are asking a ridiculously high price for him. Along the lines of Tanev, Virtanen and our first.

We were knocking at Tallon for their 1st not Buffalo's.

I'm pretty sure Reinhart is untouchable. Murray said at the beginning of the year that there was a connection between the two because he's the first player that Murray drafted as a GM. For someone as über serious as Murray always is to say that, you know he means it.

Reinhart will be the second line centre behind McEichel. Murray is still very high on him. Also, if I remember correctly, the Sabres don't have a 3rd round pick this year.

Way off topic but I just noticed you spelled centre the Canadian way, yet so many Canadians spell it center(the American way)

Bravo to you. :)

Way off topic but I just noticed you spelled centre the Canadian way, yet so many Canadians spell it center(the American way)

Bravo to you. :)

I figure "When in Rome....".

I do the same thing here with rumour/rumor, paycheque/paycheck, and a few other words.

Archived