The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat Talk (CT edition)

avelanch

I look forward to this actually useful thread being quickly replaced by some thread with no substance now that it's legit to talk about Bo in Canucks Talk.

But man, Horvat's on fire right now. I'm waiting to see if he regresses from this current pace, and then what he does from there over the next 1-3 years, but man.

:towel:

Well don't hold your breath...Bo could easily have had another half dozen points already on many grade "A" chances by him and whoever he set up.

If he had been played more minutes again he would be ahead of this pace.

It may not be quite as linear a trajectory to the (first line?) with Bo but he is too solid to go into a funk, so upward is still the only direction, month by month, for the Botrain...

Bo could be top 5 or 6 in points scored on the team by the end of the season... Let that sink in. Bonino is hurt. Who is getting his minutes? Richardson is also hurt And is 2 points ahead of him. Higgins goes hot and cold and I don't expect him to be here past the deadline. It's a possibility if he keeps this up!!!

Well don't hold your breath...Bo could easily have had another half dozen points already on many grade "A" chances by him and whoever he set up.

If he had been played more minutes again he would be ahead of this pace.

It may not be quite as linear a trajectory to the (first line?) with Bo but he is too solid to go into a funk, so upward is still the only direction, month by month, for the Botrain...

last game on the shift that resulted in his goal, there were 3 grade A scoring chances before he eventually found the back of the net. you could tell there was going to be a goal at the end of that shift. it was nuts.

Our record when Bo scores a goal is currently 6-0-1:

1st Goal vs Anaheim: 4-3 SO Loss

2nd Goal vs San Jose: 3-1 Win

3rd Goal vs Florida: 2-1 Win

4th Goal vs Buffalo: 5-2 Win

5th Goal vs Pittsburgh: 5-0 Win

6th Goal vs Chicago: 5-4 OTW

7th Goal vs Minnesota: 3-2 Win

The kids progression the last month has me convinced were looking at the next captain of the Canucks. What a great pick by Gillis. I know this is hyperbole but I feel like I'm watching a Brind'Amour- Messier hybrid emerge.

At the very least we have a center that can shut down or neutralize any teams top guns. An anchor you can win a championship with.

Watched his draft day interview again(about a wk back), & they'd mentioned how 70 or 80 fam & friends came to NJ from his hometown. He's on his way to becoming that 'small town hero', where prob most every person in Rodney, Ont feel they have so much invested.

Great to see him fulfilling the dream. As fans, think we're all pretty sure he'll maintain that small town modesty, that'll reflect so well on the organization. This rare player is the perfect vehicle for fans to feel that vicarious thrill of excelling in the pros.

Don't try to guess his ceiling. With the blend of size, talent & excellent character, this obvious leader will never be content with any individual progress. Guys like this measure their careers by championships they strongly contribute towards.

Totally different players, but my feeling of excitement/anticipation towards his progression(eventual level attained) is something I haven't felt in a young Canuck since Pavel Bure, in the early '90s.

If the kid continues to play and develop like this, then we might have an answer as to who could eventually replace Hank as 1C in 2-3 or years.

Maybe, but he'll have to have some hard working offensive wingers to be really effective as a 1st line threat. Who knows, maybe he goes full Datsyuk for us (or as close as his skill set allows)...

Archived