The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat Talk (CT edition)

avelanch

Hype or no hype, I'm very excited about the future with Bo here. I have been extremely happy with him all year long. Just the fact he made the team this year was huge. Everything else has been a huge bonus. And finally I feel like we have a big time rookie on our team to follow.

True, it kinda felt like that with Hodgson too. But that saga was short-lived.

Kesler is a unique player though. Not everyone is gonna end up performing like he did. Some players have great years early on in their career and then their production drops off. Hopefully that's not Bo.

If he turns out to be a player anywhere near Kesler's abilities I would deem him a very successful draft pick.

Fair enough point an valid ,however,Bo has integrity,class an leads with his play on the ice this makes his team mates way better players.I think he can put up 20 to 30+ goals an be a shut down player with alot more upside he seems smarter an cooler under pressure then Kessler is.This is enough for me now if we could only find him a sniper for his line ,hint hint

Our record when Bo scores a goal is currently 6-0-1:

1st Goal vs Anaheim: 4-3 SO Loss

2nd Goal vs San Jose: 3-1 Win

3rd Goal vs Florida: 2-1 Win

4th Goal vs Buffalo: 5-2 Win

5th Goal vs Pittsburgh: 5-0 Win

6th Goal vs Chicago: 5-4 OTW

7th Goal vs Minnesota: 3-2 Win

He's our x factor. Straight up. His added offense gives us that little extra added boost to beat these teams.

As to expectations for his prime? I think a 60+ point top 6 center with Elite shutdown capabilities. Honestly, I see a lot in this kid. Let's go, Bo.

9th overall is the highest draft pick ever received for a goalie straight across, no we couldn't have got more unless we traded Schneider in our division or maybe A nipple bit more in the west.

Schneider was still mostly unproven at that point too.

Some Schneider regular season stats:

2010-11 25 g 16-4-2 2.23 .929

2011-12 33 g 20-8-1 1.96 .937

2012-13 30 g 17-9-4 2.11 .927 as Canucks #1.

I don't agree Schneider was mostly unproven at the time of the trade.

stats source: http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/s/schneco01.html

Great to see Horvat lighting it up, I believe Horvat will be at least a 60 Point player which should carry over to the post-season where he dominates. That's how I see him as the type of player that gets better and better as the season carries over during the later part of the season

Mr. Bo Dangles was on fire tonight!

16560649236_6f38b7ac0b_o.gif

My favorite part of that is I spent two or three cycles watching it trying to figure out who he's calling out to. But unlike the defender in front of him, Kenins doesn't stop to watch the pretty pass/goal - he lays on the brakes then immediately hops out in front in case there's a rebound.

Like I said the other night, tie two badgers to an ox and watch the magic unfold.

I think Horvat deserves to center the 3rd line but no idea how it's going to work with this overload of centres..

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Vrbata - Bonino - Higgins

Kenins - Horvat - Richardson

Hansen - Mathiass - Dorsett

I don't think the situation will change this year. He's pretty much a lock for being the 3rd line C next year, but as of right now they are producing just nicely in the role they are. No point in changing that. His ice time will increase and his role will be bigger next year.

I think Horvat deserves to center the 3rd line but no idea how it's going to work with this overload of centres..

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Vrbata - Bonino - Higgins

Kenins - Horvat - Richardson

Hansen - Mathiass - Dorsett

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Vrbata Bonino Matthias/Kassian

Kenins Horvat Kassian/Matthias

Hansen Richardson Dorsett

Archived