The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat Talk (CT edition)

avelanch

40 minutes ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

He set us 2 glorious chances that should've been in. Still not sure how Burrows didn't put the 1 in particular away?? If he has a 2 point night, everyone's happy. Relax, Bo is fine, he is effective in more ways than just on the score sheet, points will come, he's playing well.

Yeah, Bo's confidence looked all there yesterday for sure. Not just on the Burrows set-up but tried on more than one occasion to drive the puck hard to the net with possession. Both of those are things a kid without confidence would be hesitant to try. Points will start coming for him real soon. Not a big concern imo.

3 hours ago, EmilyM said:

Yeah, Bo's confidence looked all there yesterday for sure. Not just on the Burrows set-up but tried on more than one occasion to drive the puck hard to the net with possession. Both of those are things a kid without confidence would be hesitant to try. Points will start coming for him real soon. Not a big concern imo.

Yeah, really hoping that him being able to pull of those moves will encourage him to make more strong plays like this in the future. 

Horvat's even-strength PDO (or more simply, his combined on-ice shooting and save percentage) is a team-worst 94.5, which is incidentally the same as Vrbata's. So, on top of increased quality of competition from last year, he's been fairly unlucky so far this season. Like Vrbata, the bounces will start coming if he continues to push.

In short, I wouldn't worry too much about his +/-.

2 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Horvat's even-strength PDO (or more simply, his combined on-ice shooting and save percentage) is a team-worst 94.5, which is incidentally the same as Vrbata's. So, on top of increased quality of competition from last year, he's been fairly unlucky so far this season. Like Vrbata, the bounces will start coming if he continues to push.

I don't understand this, but it sounds like positive Bo stuff.  Thanks!  :huh:

1 hour ago, Brad Marchand said:

This is a good point. Both Vrby and Horvat has had bad luck so far. We can expect "regression to the mean" which will help both players.

Kind of the opposite of Kenins when joined the Canucks last year. He was very luck at first so his performance looked better than it really was and he came back down to the expected level later in the season in in pre-season this year (before being injured).

The same thing applies to the Canucks as a whole. Last year the Canucks had good luck -- reflected by a great record in one goal games. That was not sustainable. This year they have a bad record in one-goal games. That is probably not going to continue either, so we can expect some improvement in terms of luck.

However, the Canucks will still be in a battle to make a playoff spot and odds of making the playoffs are, in my view, no better than 50-50.

Archived