The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dave Pratt suggests the Canucks to trade Miller to the Sharks.

TheRick

http://www.tsn.ca/video/the-bro-jake-show-pratt-s-rant-miller-a-fit-with-the-sharks-1.210329

Even though I don't like Pratt, but some key things he said about a possible trade is that Niemi is going to be an UFA, Miller would definately waive his NTC to go to San Jose and The Sharks have Cap room.

I wouldn't mind trading Miller if it means we keep both Lack and Markstrom for the foreseeable future and freeing up $6 million in Cap Space. If we trade Miller this season, I guess Nieme comes back so the shoulders wouldn't solely be on Lack to carry this team the rest of the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/the-bro-jake-show-pratt-s-rant-miller-a-fit-with-the-sharks-1.210329

Even though I don't like Pratt, but some key things he said about a possible trade is that Niemi is going to be an UFA, Miller would definately waive his NTC to go to San Jose and The Sharks have Cap room.

I wouldn't mind trading Miller if it means we keep both Lack and Markstrom for the foreseeable future and freeing up $6 million in Cap Space. If we trade Miller this season, I guess Nieme comes back so the shoulders wouldn't solely be on Lack to carry this team the rest of the season.

Okay, yes this works if this team is in 9th come deadline day. If this team is in 6th place; then theres no way Benning does this. The way this team plays is unpredictable, you cant predict them. Niemi plus a 1st or a average prospect for Miller?

To add, If Miller plays like a elite goaltender before deadline day, do you trade him? So far, Miller has been average for us.

Okay, yes this works if this team is in 9th come deadline day. If this team is in 6th place; then theres no way Benning does this. The way this team plays is unpredictable, you cant predict them. Niemi plus a 1st or a average prospect for Miller?

To add, If Miller plays like a elite goaltender before deadline day, do you trade him? So far, Miller has been average for us.

I'm actually not against this idea. Niemi is a decent enough goalie. Not as good as Miller but better than Lack imo. Miller has been average for us, Niemi has been average for SJ. I think Miller is the better of the two but Niemi isn't that big of a downgrade.

There's absolutely no way Miller gets Niemi and a first. I can't think of any other players that we'd like to have here either. Realistically anyways.

Picking up UFA's like Miller or Vrbata is a beneficial strategy because the GM can then parlay them for a good pick if the team falters.

With that said,anything Pratt says has to be taken as entertainment.

Slippery slope, potentially makes future free agents reconsider signing here. But, Miller's contract wasn't for very long anyways and had a temporary feel to begin with.

Slippery slope, potentially makes future free agents reconsider signing here. But, Miller's contract wasn't for very long anyways and had a temporary feel to begin with.

Well to be fair, Miller would probably be stoked to go to San Jose since it since it would let him be near his wife all the time.

I've proposed this numerous times on these boards

But I hate agreeing with Pratt, whom I have little respect for - so I may have to change my mind lol.

Jk. I love the idea.

Niemi gives us a veteran expiring contract and is, imo, as good as Miller.

Would also likely have to come with a decent future involved - as good as we'd likely get for one of the young guys.

But best of all, we get to keep Eddie and Jacob, who I absolutely love moving forward.

Miller is a winner. If we trade him I'll go nuts.

Last time we traded an elite goalie and let Eddie take the reigns, he failed miserably.

Only deal I would do is

Hertl, niemi for Miller

No less, no more. I see 0 reason to trade Miller.

Pay attention to the standings...SJ may be getting desperate. Their record L10 is 3-5-2 and they are clinging onto the last wild card spot only two points ahead of LA with LA having 3 games in hand on them. Who would have thought that at this point late into the season that it would be ANA, VAN and CAL sitting 1-2-3 in the division standings.

I would absolutely be at least trying to dangle Miller to SJ. If they don't play ball, it's their loss.

reason to trade Miller is you could potentially have to rid yourself of a very good younger netminder in Lack or Markstrom if miller is here for three years.

Fact that San Jose is looking at not re-signing Niemi ( assuming this is the word on the street ) is kind of the opportunity Miller has been waiting for in regards to playing in California, however it could be considered poor taste for Vancouver to bring this to Miller.

The management group in Vancouver has publically explained their reasoning for signing Miller this past offseason and to move off that strategy would show a lack of stability and vision for the club moving forward, the thinking was bring Miller in, gain more wins off of him, bring up youth in the lineup in a winning atmosphere.

I am personally in favor of dealing Miller, I'd like to see what Lack and Markstorm can do.

Archived