The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don't look now but the Kings have won 6 in a row and are in a playoff spot

hatedkid666

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We all know the kings aren't a regular season team. Even when they won the cup they did it without having home ice advantage. This season they have been struggling and seemed like they were in a tough position to make the playoffs. This would come as a shock as they are the defending champs, and on paper, one of the best teams in the league. But recently, they have gotten hot,winning 6 straight and putting themselves in a playoffs spot. But the west, and specifically the pacific division is a log jam, so there is still a very high chance they don't make the playoffs.

So do the kings stay hot and make the playoffs to defend their championship? Or do they continue to play average and miss the playoffs?

I'd be very surprised if the Kings didn't make the playoffs. This is just how they do it, almost the bare minimum through the regular season and then kick it into high gear during the postseason. I wouldn't be shocked if they repeated this year even though the thought makes me want to vomit.

I kept telling myself all season, as i've done in previous seasons, "Don't kidd yourself, the Kings always come back late and look strong entering the playoffs". Like previous seasons, I was starting to doubt it. Looks like I'll never learn.

They'll make the playoffs.

Kings as of this moment, have a 68.8 % chance at making the playoffs.

The Canucks sit @ 88.6%

I don't buy those percentages.. I mean really, how whoever comes up with that garbage is beyond me. How does one quantify a team's chance of making the playoffs. There are far too many variables to do it accurately, especially to a tenth of a percent.

EDIT - in reality everyone in the league knows that at this moment the kings have a higher chance of making the playoffs than the Canucks do. You won't find anybody (besides apollo) that would refute that.

The Kings defense isn't as good as it used to be in the past - that's the only knock on them this season

They will make the playoffs, but I would wait and see what happens at the deadline before gaging the probability of a repeat - Lombardi always seems to find a way to add that extra piece that puts his team over the top

As it stands, this is my ranking:

1. Nashville
  2. Tampa Bay
  3. St. Louis
  4. Anaheim
  5. Montreal
  6. Chicago
  7. LA
  8. Washington

It will probably change after the deadline

The Kings defense isn't as good as it used to be in the past - that's the only knock on them this season

They will make the playoffs, but I would wait and see what happens at the deadline before gaging the probability of a repeat - Lombardi always seems to find a way to add that extra piece that puts his team over the top

As it stands, this is my ranking:

1. Nashville
  2. Tampa Bay
  3. St. Louis
  4. Anaheim
  5. Montreal
  6. Chicago
  7. LA
  8. Washington

It will probably change after the deadline

I think the West is just so much stronger that I would give them the top 3 spots..

Nash

Ana

STL

TB

Mtl

Chi

LA

NYI

Torn between NYI and Wash for that 8th spot, but I like the Isles as my fav eastern team so I am going with them

I think the West is just so much stronger that I would give them the top 3 spots..

Nash

Ana

STL

TB

Mtl

Chi

LA

NYI

Torn between NYI and Wash for that 8th spot, but I like the Isles as my fav eastern team so I am going with them

While I do agree that the West is stronger through #1-14, the top tier teams in the East should not be overlooked

Montreal and Tampa Bay are two teams that could beat the WCF champions in 7 games imo - especially given that the road through the West is likely to have more injuries and hardship

Archived