The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone notice the Linesman congratulating Kreider for hitting Burrows?

*Buzzsaw*

If you watch the aftermath of the fight between Burrows and Kreider, the linesman, (not sure if it was Pierre Racicot or Tony Sericolo) pats Kreider on the butt and gives him a couple words.

This is the same linesman who after Kreider took off Burrows helmet and obviously had him down... did not intervene as most linesmen would, he let Kreider beat on Burrows some more, and wasn't going to intervene... the other linesman who was further away when the fight started, was the one who eventually intervened.

Some may say this is normal... I disagree... this is just another example of how biased the officials are.

And of course, I am betting he had his say in suggesting Burrows gets the extra 2 minutes.

Kreider was the one who started the fight... he clearly started it in the faceoff circle by telling Burrows he was gonna head hunt him, because Burrows rarely fights... but he won't be intimidated.

More of the usual anti-Canuck bullsh*t from the officials.

Too bad the attempt to intimidate and the penalty backfired... because from that moment at the start of the 2nd period, the Canucks started to outplay the Rangers. B)

Anyone notice a linesman congratulating Burrows?

Sorry not backing down on this one and not imagining things... there is a definite officiating bias against Burrows and the Canucks.

That's my opinion, others are free to disagree.

Anything against Burrows is due to his reputation. He obviously won't get the benefit of the doubt anymore on calls, but what you saw was nothing special.

Sorry to break it to you Buzzsaw but you are making something out of nothing. Don't back off of it if you don't want to, but your position on the linesman is definitively incorrect.

Linesman always talk to the players, always tap them on the butts/body. It's just to get them to calm down after an emotional altercation and settle them back into the game.

As for letting Kreider "beat on Burrows some more" you were clearly watching a different game than everyone else as I saw nothing to that effect.

It's no wonder a lot of people laugh at the Canucks fan base. Could you imagine being a fan of another team and coming across this thread?

Well at least all of the responses have been logically thought out. People who laugh at the whole fan base simply because of a few posters are no better.

For the record, I do agree with you, I just like playing devils advocate in order to offer a different perspective from time to time.

My first post was exactly how I felt though.

edit: I love your Rob Ford, cracks me up every single time

Did you start watching hockey yesterday haha? They get a pat after almost every fight. Pretty sure I saw burr get one too actually. It's to calm them down and tell them it's over.

As for the 2 minutes, they were justified. Kreider didn't technically start the fight. He was giving burrows the standard I'm going to get you hockey talk, trying to bait burrows in. Burrows obliged but in true burr fashion, does not drop the gloves. He throws not one but two crosschecks and then reaches around kreiders neck. CK played it beautifully, baited burr into a penalty and got to punch him in the face(take notes Kass). Had burrows skated away or just straight dropped the mitts, no penalty would be called.

Anyone notice a linesman congratulating Burrows?

Sorry not backing down on this one and not imagining things... there is a definite officiating bias against Burrows and the Canucks.

That's my opinion, others are free to disagree.

Actually, if you re-watch the video you'll plainly see his skates/legs being held down post take down in an effort to reduce potential harm by his blades, at the same time the linesman taps him on the butt a couple times.

I disagree with you.

Archived