Canucks Community

[2015 Draft Eligible] - Tomas Soustal

mast-logo.png

Tomas Soustal - Kelowna Rockets - Center - #15

Shoots: Right

Height: 6'3

Weight: 198

Birthdate: 1997/2/15

A guy who has really impressed me this whole year. Impressed with his size and skating, as well as his ability to play physically and chip in offensively; did run into some injury problems in his last Czech league year. It seems to me as if he knows his game really well, and is always finding out new areas where he can improve. His development will go smoothly in Kelowna and his offensive output will skyrocket as he continues to master the North American style of play. Looks to have some impressive offensive upside.

Very interesting prospect who I believe will be available to reasonably pick in the 3rd - 6th Round area.

An intelligent, gritty center with a large frame and an excellent work ethic; he plays the game like he has something to prove. Displays good stickhandling ability and individual skills, but also shows the ability to play in all situations. An aspect of his game that jumps out is his speed entering the zone; he is a very good skater who pushes himself to his limits. All-in-all, a good all-around player who thinks the game at a high level and, knowing exactly what he needs to work on, is always improving his game. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014

Injury issues and still not trusted with a lot of ice time; he's quite streaky. Needs to work on consistency. I see the basis for a very good player, but he's not there yet.

Pretty much a Jensen type?

• 9 months later...
23 hours ago, NEON.KNEE said:

JUSTGONNA LEAVE THIS HERE THEN...He's a big centre....Already having a better year than last year.

We don't have a 5th this year, and will likely be picking before 100 in the 4th, so unless this guy is available in the 6th round or later, I don't think we take him.

I'm sure there will be lots of action for the Canucks on deadline day.  GMMFJB can surely find a fifth round pick for Hamhuis.  I've never seen Soustal play, but on paper it says he's big, and plays centre...Plus he has a You Tube worthy highlight.  Future Hall Of Famer if you ask me.

On November 23, 2015 at 4:53:13 PM, NEON.KNEE said:

JUSTGONNA LEAVE THIS HERE THEN...He's a big centre....Already having a better year than last year.

Yup.  That's a reason to draft a guy.  There's a commercial on TV where a skinny kid flips a hockey ball, and rings a door bell.  Maybe we should draft him too?  Just being devils advocate, but who is this kid anyway, and can he play?

• 2 weeks later...
On November 24, 2015 at 7:17:48 PM, Alflives said:

Yup.  That's a reason to draft a guy.  There's a commercial on TV where a skinny kid flips a hockey ball, and rings a door bell.  Maybe we should draft him too?  Just being devils advocate, but who is this kid anyway, and can he play?

That's a captain Morgan's commercial and the kid is David Levin, who ironically isn't old enough to drink.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=273637

jk it's not actually him 

Archived