The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jalopnik Article- 20 year old Vancouver Hyper Car collector

BabychStache

I'm more curious where his money comes from.

I used to love exotic cars. But now I'd rather have a home than a Ferrari. Given how people drive in this down, I'd be more worried about something happening to the car. It's not like you can go to your neighbourhood mechanic and have him tune it up.

Personally I admire people who buy old cars and restore them. I'd also rather spend $10-14k on a brand new motorcycle. Cheaper to maintain, better on gas, and same kind of acceleration. Way more fun. I took my bike out yesterday did my circuit on the highway to get back into it. Sunny day, nice weather, wind in your face. And no bugs! :P

So jelly. I follow a guy on instagram (I'm sure there's others here who do too) who currently has a s65, 991 gt3, hellcat, 918 and a Pagani Huayra.... and a smart car. I'm sure there's more too. It's just so outrageous to me that people have access to all of these types of cars at one time. Imagine the decision making process that takes place every morning when you get ready for work. That's my kind of problem.

I don't know or really care where this "M" guy gets his money from... but he's got a great car collection that I'd love to see some day. If I had the money I'd be doing the same thing. I would not hesitate to drop millions on cars - I love them that much.

I used to love exotic cars. But now I'd rather have a home than a Ferrari. Given how people drive in this down, I'd be more worried about something happening to the car. It's not like you can go to your neighbourhood mechanic and have him tune it up.

Personally I admire people who buy old cars and restore them. I'd also rather spend $10-14k on a brand new motorcycle. Cheaper to maintain, better on gas, and same kind of acceleration. Way more fun. I took my bike out yesterday did my circuit on the highway to get back into it. Sunny day, nice weather, wind in your face. And no bugs! :P

I'm practical like you... but these guys are uber-rich. They don't need to make decisions like that. When you've got 500 million in a bank account/investments, dropping 6-7 million on cars is a drop in the bucket. They don't need to worry about better returns on that investment.

That said... a p1 and a veyron will undoubtedly rise in value anyway. He could turn around and sell them both in 3-4 years and probably make 1-2 million on it. That's the sickening part :shock:

either spoiled brat or a drug dealer so ridiculous

Why would you hate on the guy? The article is clear his family is extremely wealthy. So he has unlimited funds available and takes advantage of it, Who wouldnt? That doesnt make him a better or worse person.

So you hate the guy because he has what you do not. The very definition of jealousy.

If you're deciding between a home or a Ferrari, you aren't in this guy's stratosphere of wealth. These guys get 3 of each and don't dicker on cost.

BTW, I'm with you. Took the bike out last week & waiting on parts for my resto-CB project!

Leaving a $M cars on the curb, even with unlimited funds I would be worried about the old farts clipping them on the narrow streets of West Van (I'm assuming he lives over there). He should use some of that unlimited bank account to build a nice heated garage ;)

Leaving a $M cars on the curb, even with unlimited funds I would be worried about the old farts clipping them on the narrow streets of West Van (I'm assuming he lives over there). He should use some of that unlimited bank account to build a nice heated garage ;)

Apparently he bought out some of his neighbors and now basically has a parking lot to store his cars. Insane. What I would do would be go out and buy a warehouse/airplane hangar/barn out in the country near some nice winding roads.

Apparently he bought out some of his neighbors and now basically has a parking lot to store his cars. Insane. What I would do would be go out and buy a warehouse/airplane hangar/barn out in the country near some nice winding roads.

Want to have to drive all the way out to the country when you feel like driving a different car one day? Nah, youd want them close by.

Want to have to drive all the way out to the country when you feel like driving a different car one day? Nah, youd want them close by.

True but some of these cars would be a pain in the ass to drive in the city and keep safe from passersby.

Then again, I also don't have the money to buy out my neighbours' mansions and use them as parking lots. I probably would if I were this guy.

Archived