The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we make the playoffs? Yes or No

Ronalds.Kenins41

Do we make the playoffs  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our team is one of the teams that wasn't expected to make the playoffs but a lot has changed since we first started the season.

Why I think we can make the playoffs

What we have going for us is we can actually call this team, a 4 line team with all of our bottom 6 players such as Dorsett, Horvat, Vey, Maithas, Kenins, Hansen being a threat offensively. On top of that the Sedins having been playing great recently with Hank putting up 16 points in his last 13 games because they are no longer relied upon for all the goals, so don't feel the pressure on them so can just play their game. The goals haven't been a problem at all this season.

Also the team is playing with some kind of new found energy and different players whether it is the Horvat-Kenins line, the Sedins or our goalies making the big save when it counts are stepping up. Team persistence is always important and we have seen it in full force lately. Can't measure this in stats or numbers.

Why I think we can possibly miss the playoffs

There are a few things that concern me though; our upcoming schedule which has us playing 18 out of our final 21 games against the west. Why does this matter?

Our record against the West is 16-14-2 (but it is a bit misleading since those 16 wins contain 4 wins from the oilers, 2 from the flames and 1 from the Coyotes) against all other teams the record is 9-11-2. We only play these teams in 4 of those 18 games.

What's more telling is our record since Jan.1st against the west (4-8, 22 goals scored 38 goals allowed in those 12 games)

Now with the injuries to our d-core and to Miller, we will really need our offense to bail us out and need a complete team effort to keep pucks out of our net. To keep up with the teams behind us we will need a great team effort.

Consensus

If this team can improve its play and record against the west, overcome its injuries, keep their current energy and keep up their offensive play, I think we have a good chance.

I say yes, nothing would help our young guns like an intense series against the Hawks or Kings, if we face either of those teams, id say we have a chance to win. Nashville round one would probably whoop us though.

As a fan... Im dying for some canucks playoff hockey, its been years since we had a series against the Hawks, even if we lost in 6 or 7, id be so happy because this team has had no post season glory since game 5 vs boston.

I say we overcome and make playoffs,

After that, who knows.

Calgary has been one of the feel good stories of the season and I've always been kinda rooting for them in the back of my head, but I think that they're just going to fall short of a playoff birth.

Since the start of the season, I've been saying that the Canucks will make the playoffs. Either 3rd in the pacific or a wildcard spot. As I expected, the Kings are back to playing like their old selves. I'll bet we face either Nashville, Anaheim, (wildcard spots) or LA. (3rd in the pacific)

No matter where we finish though (playoffs or not), I'll be very proud of this team. They have fought through a lot of adversity and haven't given up.

We're headed in the right direction.

I feel it will take 93 or 94 points to get a playoff spot this year in the West

Last season it was 91 points

We have 71 points in 59 games

So 23 games remaining and 23 points will give us 94 points

If we play .500 hockey we make the show, plus we are leading in ROW

We are in excellent position to make the playoffs!

Voted yes. This team has much more depth than last year, plus that depth is contributing big time. Sedins are already passed last years point totals, and have been playing great this past month. Injured players are gonna come back soon, which means we are only going to get better. It's also worth mentioning that 13 of the next 23 games are at home, and although our home record isn't great, I take that any day of the week.

I thought we wouldn't at the start of the season, and I stand by the fact that we might not have had we iced our healthy roster for the whole season. But, the emergence of Horvat and Kenins, the acquisition of Clendening, and the way Sbisa has settled down, I think we can scrape in. Still a stepping stone, but a much more exciting stepping stone.

Our team is one of the teams that wasn't expected to make the playoffs but a lot has changed since we first started the season.

Honestly I have 0 hockey respect for anyone who didn't expect this star studded, deep team to not make the dance.

Didn't take a genius to see the talent of this bonified playoff team under a new coach who isn't a Bostonian madman.

Cup or bust for the remainder of the twins contract. Lord Henrik will hoist the cup before the contract is up.

Go Canucks Go!

Notice that things started turning around when Bieksa got hurt and was out of the line up. Not to dump on him but too many people think he is some type of top 2 defenceman. Not. Too many mistakes, too many give aways and really slowing down. Although the Bad News Bear crew that has been patched together recently makes mistakes they try and play a simpler game by just hammering the puck out of their own zone when pressured. No fancy stick handling or trying to go end to end with the odd exception. Yes, I would like Edler and Tanev back soon but I am not in a rush to see Bieksa out there. Flame away!

Calgary has been one of the feel good stories of the season and I've always been kinda rooting for them in the back of my head, but I think that they're just going to fall short of a playoff birth.

Since the start of the season, I've been saying that the Canucks will make the playoffs. Either 3rd in the pacific or a wildcard spot. As I expected, the Kings have fallen back to earth. I'll bet we face either Nashville, Anaheim (wildcard spots), or LA. (3rd in the pacific)

No matter where we finish though (playoffs or not), I'll be very proud of this team. They have fought through a lot of adversity and haven't given up.

We're headed in the right direction.

Hasn't LA won 7 in a row? If that is falling back to earth I would hate to see them heating up!

Archived