The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who should be Sedins linemate when everyone is healthy

CanucksCaptain

Why did we ever break up Higgy - Bones - Burr?

I really like the Matty/Bones/Vrb in practice today though, so i wanna see what they can do. I'd love to see a line of Higgy/Vey(Richardson/Burrows though.. Talk about a nice defensive line that can provide some offense down the stretch.. Perfect 3rd line IMO.

Matthias isn't really a legit top-6 though, which is kind of a problem..

As much as I like Burrows because he opens up space from them, Vrbata because of the uber skill that comes form the three together...Kassian is the better fit.

If anyone noticed in the Islanders game during the third period Daniel Sedin head locked Cal Clutterbuck after a whistle scrum or course causing Clutterbuck to jump Danny. But after seconds later you see Kassian jump in to protect one the stars of our team.

Daniel and Hank have not only been playing great offensively but at times they have been chippy with Zack on their wing. Do they dare pull the same chippy game with Vrbata or Burrows on their line. Probably not, but knowing they have a behemoth on their wing gives them the security to mix things up and know there is a guy flanking and watching their backs.

Kassian is bringing a different element out of the Sedins and if its positive I say stick with it as long as it works. This also allows us to free Burrows, Vrbata to form a potent second line.

I like Kass up there, allows the Sedin to play with more authority not saying Burrows or Vrbata aren't suitable linemates, they are sublime, but Kassian brings a different side of the Sedins that I would love to see more of.

Why did we ever break up Higgy - Bones - Burr?

I really like the Matty/Bones/Vrb in practice today though, so i wanna see what they can do. I'd love to see a line of Higgy/Vey(Richardson/Burrows though.. Talk about a nice defensive line that can provide some offense down the stretch.. Perfect 3rd line IMO.

Matthias isn't really a legit top-6 though, which is kind of a problem..

Because they went 20 games with 1 goal.

The future is up in the air but tonight I go with Kassian.

The Bruins will try to run the Twins otherwise.

If Kassian can help the Sedins continue to play with intensity without the fear of being run by some goon on another team (like Boston) then I say keep him there. Burrows doesn't scare anyone and Vrabata... Kassian just has that unpredictability factor that keeps an opponent on their toes (of course only when Kassian is playing the right way)

I would go with Kassian on the first line if everyone is healthy and that line is still rolling. If the line goes through a bad stretch (3 games without a goal), switch to Burrows, if that doesn't fix it, switch to Vrbata. Burrows and Vrbata are pretty good linemates to have the preference of pairing them with the Sedins.

Archived