The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) are you interested in Chris Stewart?

billabong

he has the size, speed and skill to excel but like kassian he is inconsistent but playing in last place Buffalo isn't very motivating for any player

The price is high because jagr went for a 2nd and a conditional 3rd but I doubt benning is willing to trade high picks or young players for him

To buf: vey, Jensen, 2nd pick 2016

To Van: Stewart

Sedin-sedin-kassian

Stewart-bonino-vrbata

Higgins-Mathias-burrows

Dorsett-horvat-Hansen

That forward group is solid and a power forward on each of the top 3 lines

Have you seen the prices for some of these impending UFA's?

Besides, I don't think sacrificing youth for a guy who might help you win a game or two is worth it.

Stay the course and dump veterans for picks and prospects, not youth for old guys.

This team has been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

I've been "interested in Chris Stewart" for the last few years. But, I don't lament the Canucks passing on him in the draft the year they selected Grabner anymore nearly as much as I used to. Stewie's been trending downward for awhile now and hasn't really been that oft-discussed power forward CDC'ers have been wishing for since forever. Granted, I'm still not sold on Kassian --- his current play has been nice, but, let's see him do that over the course of an entire season before we declare he's finally turned the corner --- but, as much as I hate to say it, I'd rather see the Canucks keep him rather than acquire Stewart. Because, surely it would take moving Kassian to acquire him or any other power forward between now and next season. But, if Stewart played more like his offseason roommate Wayne Simmonds, it'd be a no-brainier. Kassian, on the other hand, if he's going to develop into the Simmonds-type of player he's been advertised as, it has to start THIS season. Like RIGHT NOW. Lately it has, but, I think the jury's still out as to whether or not he keeps it up.

Pass on Stewart. He's an overpriced Dorsett at this point.

Other than his two games against us, what reasoning do you have for making this proposal?

He's a good player on a bad team. It's more of a discussion, that wasn't a serious proposal more of a visual of how much it might cost to get him to help people decide if they would like to see Stewart here because obviously he wouldn't mind playing here if those two games he's played against us aren't a dead give away aha

Archived