The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Kassian still be moved?

Gretzky to Lemieux

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Completely depends on what Benning could get for him, and you can bet he'll set the bar high.

Not worth giving up on unless it's for a bonafide top 6 power forward coming back in a larger deal

If there was a no brainer trade that made us better for it with a staggering overpayment then sure

But should he be moved because some CDC posters lack patience? Nope.

If someone steps up with a great offer then.....................

Depends what we get. Might as well keep him if all we get is scraps

Lots of responses making the same point -- it depends on what is offered. Hard to disagree.

The question is -- how much do the Canucks need in return. I personally would trade him for a first round pick.

As for the patience issue -- showing patience when a player is 20 (like Gaunce and Shinkaruk) or 21 (like Jensen) is one thing. But by the time a guy is 24 he is probably not too far from his ceiling. Some guys do peak late and Kassian might be one of those guys. But the odds are that if he is still struggling at age 24 he will not get a lot better.

However, there is some possibility he will develop into a good two-way power forward, and this is what makes his trade value fairly high.

Lots of responses making the same point -- it depends on what is offered. Hard to disagree.

The question is -- how much do the Canucks need in return. I personally would trade him for a first round pick.

As for the patience issue -- showing patience when a player is 20 (like Gaunce and Shinkaruk) or 21 (like Jensen) is one thing. But by the time a guy is 24 he is probably not too far from his ceiling. Some guys do peak late and Kassian might be one of those guys. But the odds are that if he is still struggling at age 24 he will not get a lot better.

However, there is some possibility he will develop into a good two-way power forward, and this is what makes his trade value fairly high.

lol Bertuzzi didn't really put it all together until he was 25-26

I lke Kassian i say give one more shot, i doubt we could do much better even considering his current rise.

"one more shot", are you crazy, you guys are starting to believe the local media, you guys do know who runs the local media right, the bloody Canucks do. Kassian hasn't been given a real chance yet. This Kid could be a 30 goal scorer, 175 hits and bring a whole new level to the Sedins. He should as long as the Sedins are Canucks not be moved off that line period. Any Coach with half a real hockey IQ should see this. Two of the best passers in the world passing to a kid who actually has a shot.

This organization would be dumb to trade away Kassian. If they can't see they have a decent powerforward in him then forget the retool. Kassain fits this teams mold going forward. WTF like seriously,"oh he's inconsistent" okay if you want to play that card then time to admit Higgins, Dorsett, Sedins, all have flashes of being inconsistent too.

Like wow guys, "Kassian did this omg, Kassian forget to backcheck, Kassian missed the net, Kassian forgot to hit." You guys are the biggest Kassian critics alive. Seems many of you are unfair in your assessment, since players like Higgins get free passes from this fan-base.The bottom line, time to build through players like Kassian they are rare and skilled. Big deal he makes a mistake, it just seems, anytime Kassian makes a mistake, this fan-base is ready to run him out of town.

rant over/

Because the local media is bashing him, fans jump on and the whole thing is controlled by Management of the Canucks because they want to create a mental division from fan to player so when they move him the fans support management and praise the return. Kassian will be a stud player in this league just like he was at the WJC's when he was playing with and against the best players in the world for his age group.

This organization would be dumb to trade away Kassian. If they can't see they have a decent powerforward in him then forget the retool. Kassain fits this teams mold going forward. WTF like seriously,"oh he's inconsistent" okay if you want to play that card then time to admit Higgins, Dorsett, Sedins, all have flashes of being inconsistent too.

Like wow guys, "Kassian did this omg, Kassian forget to backcheck, Kassian missed the net, Kassian forgot to hit." You guys are the biggest Kassian critics alive. Seems many of you are unfair in your assessment, since players like Higgins get free passes from this fan-base.The bottom line, time to build through players like Kassian they are rare and skilled. Big deal he makes a mistake, it just seems, anytime Kassian makes a mistake, this fan-base is ready to run him out of town.

rant over/

I am a big Kassian believer, but the problem with what your saying is that the other players that you have mentioned also bring other dimensions to the game... Higgins when not scoring is great defensively - its not his fault that hes put on the second line to produce when majority of the fan base knows that hes a third liner with 30-40 production value.

I remember when watching bertuzzi shield the puck he'd be pretty low to the ground making his center of gravity hard to move because he's a big boy. Kassian still hasn't learned that and thats why he cant use his weight to shield off some defenders. Another thing he's got to improve on is... when he does start scoring - it doesn't mean that you give up on your physical play...

hes been scoring but now hes only credited with 1-2 hits a game... he needs to be punishing opponents every game 3-4 hits a game... and if he puts up some numbers that just makes him more harder to bench.

I am also a firm believer of not trading him... I wish we could put another 10-20lbs of muscle on him.

We absolutely can't move him. We've been trying to develop a fresh winger for what seems like forever now as some of our vets have been putting more and more hits and age on. Kassian is showing he just may be the guy, and to cut bait and run now would be a colossal mistake IMO.

There are some young guys coming up that could be great, but lets cross that bridge when we get there. Can't keep selling the pups before they grow up and have a chance to become best in show.

Archived