The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Mtl

Hey guys, long time reader, first time proposer haha...

first things first, let me just start by saying i'm not one of the people who want kassian traded, but this is all just for fun anyways, so...

To Van; Lars Eller

To: Mtl: Zack Kassian+

Eller seems to have fallen out of favour in Montreal this sason for whatever reason. Eller is a youngish centre at 25 who hasn't hit his full potential just yet IMO and is signed for another three years at a reasonable cap hit of 3.5 mil. AND we could ice an all danish line haha, Jensen - Eller - Hansen. Also, I feel like he could be an upgrade over Bonino as the second line centre.

Now we all know Kassian is on some kind of crazy roller coaster here, He would probably benefit from a change of scenery now, although i hope we can work it out with him. I'm not sure if the Canadiens are in need of wingers, but really, every team wants a young winger with kassian's skill set, he just hasn't seemed to put it all together here for whatever reason. That being said, his skillset along with his size and the way he thinks the game could possibly be better suited to the softer Eastern Conference. He likes more of the skill game rather than the traditional power forward crash and bang drive to the net type game.

What you guys think? I'm going to get my flame suit now haha

Bergevin places a premium on players with Character and work ethic. (ie NOT Kassian). He's also a fan of Eller. when asked about Eller's lack of production he said there are players that get you to the playoffs and players that get you through them. Eller is a playoff performer. I don't see Montreal biting on this one

I think in the future we are going with Horvat as our #2 center and Bonino as our #3....maybe a couple years down the road. So, this trade wouldn't make much sense. I think Bonino could be a mediocre #2 center, but we need to give him legit top 6 guys to play with before we make that assessment. Higgins isn't a legitimate top 6 forward. Anyways, solid proposal but we already have Horvat and Bonino.

Bergevin places a premium on players with Character and work ethic. (ie NOT Kassian). He's also a fan of Eller. when asked about Eller's lack of production he said there are players that get you to the playoffs and players that get you through them. Eller is a playoff performer. I don't see Montreal biting on this one

I love it when people question a person's character who they know nothing about. Like you &^@#ing know Kassian on a personal basis right buddy? Get this nonsense the &^@# out of here.

I love it when people question a person's character who they know nothing about. Like you ???? know Kassian on a personal basis right buddy? Get this nonsense the frack out of here.

I was talking about those qualities in relation to being an NHL level player. And if Kassian possessed them he wouldn't have constantly found himself in the doghouse of three different coaches.

Archived