The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Redwall - The Warrior Reborn

G.K. Chesterton

So a group known as Soma Games has acquired the rights to produce a Redwall game. They've made a slick video about the project (in the video they say Harry Potter had only sold 7 million books before it was picked up as a movie but Redwall has sold 30 million books, albeit with a much larger series in terms of books). Soma Games have already made quite a number of apps.

http://www.somagames.../redwall/pitch/

I don't know how it will turn out. I'm very nostalgic about Redwall. I read Salamandastron in grade 6 and my early Internet socialization was on Redwall forums and sites like Terrouge, TSOR and Rougemur. But I feel trepidation for this as well because the Redwall Online Community has vanished since its heyday in the early 2000s. In terms of comparing Redwall to Harry Potter, I don't think Redwall has quite the staying power. At the same time, a video game might revive interest in the series (as might a movie - I recall hearing Spielberg approached Brian Jacques years ago about adapting Redwall to the silver screen but I'm not sure how reliable that rumour is).

I loved the TV series when I was a kid.

I remember being so disappointed when they discontinued the show, never read the books though.

I'm not sure how to feel about this game. Also never knew the fanbase was that big :blink:

So I guess if they do this properly, it could take off like he's proposing.

Edit: Hell, I'm lying to myself. I still love it B)

Archived