The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dreger: Boston Aren't Done...

I've had this feeling since the Bruins made the Connolly deal that he might be coming to Van in some type of bigger deal.

I still would rather have Kass though.

I would be so pissd off if they dealt Kassian. He proved last night alone that he needs to be on this team. His snarl makes the the bigger teams and St. Louis / Kings know that they can't just push us around no more. I loved his game last night.

I've had this feeling since the Bruins made the Connolly deal that he might be coming to Van in some type of bigger deal.

I still would rather have Kass though.

Vey + Higgins + Stanton for Connolly and a pick? Gives us our Top 6er and and gives them depth.

Vey + Higgins + Stanton for Connolly and a pick? Gives us our Top 6er and and gives them depth.

As long as it doesn't involve Kass.

IMO, Connolly is a project player, much like Kass,and if we get him, he should not be the centrepiece of any deal.

But I think we can do better in a deal like this, and besides, we also need picks back in any deal.

I could see Higgins on his way to Boston easily.

Matthias too.

I can see a hockey deal taking place between the Canucks and Bruins. Eriksson to VAN?

I only want those guys to go if we're getting a 1st and Connolly. Eriksson, don't really care if he comes or not.

Maybe this:

VAN: Vey, Higgins, Bieksa

BOS: Connolly, Eriksson, 1st 2016

As long as it doesn't involve Kass.

IMO, Connolly is a project player, much like Kass,and if we get him, he should not be the centrepiece of any deal.

But I think we can do better in a deal like this, and besides, we also need picks back in any deal.

So...if I understand you....

Centrepiece, Connolly, picks but don't give them anything substantial like Kassian back?

Im not really sure what you're expecring. That doesn't make any sense to me. Aim lower IMO.

You think they'd move Mathias?

If his agent says he is looking for $4.0mil and they believe they can get it? Maybe.

It's my belief they want him to stay but I also think they won't let him walk....not at this stage of our retool.

It's pretty easy to imagine Boston seeing him as a fit and JB turning a pending UFA into mining Boston's farm pretty easily.

Archived