The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dreger: Boston Aren't Done...

I would find Connolly+ 3rd/Cehlarik appealing. Would anyone else?

Lets hope the Bruins are desperate enough if a trade does happen between us.

Yeah. Maybe they'll take Stanton and Vey for Connolly and a 4th and 5th or Cehlarik.

If his agent says he is looking for $4.0mil and they believe they can get it? Maybe.

It's my belief they want him to stay but I also think they won't let him walk....not at this stage of our retool.

It's pretty easy to imagine Boston seeing him as a fit and JB turning a pending UFA into mining Boston's farm pretty easily.

If his agent says he is looking for $4.0mil and they believe they can get it? Maybe.

It's my belief they want him to stay but I also think they won't let him walk....not at this stage of our retool.

It's pretty easy to imagine Boston seeing him as a fit and JB turning a pending UFA into mining Boston's farm pretty easily.

Boston has no Cap room, if we can't afford $4M for Matthias, BOS certainly cannot

BOS would have to move Eriksson plus to make room for Matthias

Who would you want right now, Eriksson or Matthias at $4M,

I would want Matthias, He suits our Conference as a Power Center

Boston has no Cap room, if we can't afford $4M for Matthias, BOS certainly cannot

How about Richie? Figures to stay around 2.5m and has some decent scoring capacity.

They have the cap room to take him now.

If they want him as part of their retool then they will move out a player. With Krejci out they have a pretty big need to something.

I'm not saying he will get moved. I'm just saying I wouldn't be at all shocked.

I think the Bruins are interested in Matthias. Kassian would cost them a lot more.

I don't think either gets moved. Both are starting to show signs of realizing their potential. I think both situations are too tantalizing ,right now, to trade away. I believe it's worth the chance to see what Matthias and Kass bring until the end of the season.

I don't think either gets moved. Both are starting to show signs of realizing their potential. I think both situations are too tantalizing ,right now, to trade away. I believe it's worth the chance to see what Matthias and Kass bring until the end of the season.

Matthias could be a 3rd line Kesler.

I hate to say it but if it came down to Matthias or Kass to get something big back, I would rather keep Matthias. Kass is great but he just doesn't convince me enough that we have in him the real deal.

Kass is fast but Matthias looks faster. Kass is not as strong on the boards, Kass is not as consistent and Matthias is more physical for me.

I would rather keep them both and trade Higgins / Vey / Richardson / Jensen.

Archived