The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo - Legendary Canuck (Video Tribute)

MrNHLFanatic

It's been exactly one year since the infamous trade that sent Luongo back to Florida in exchange for Shawn Matthias and Jacob Markstrom.

Enjoy the following short tribute to the greatest goaltender in franchise history!

I started working on this video over a year ago, but I never got around to finishing it until now.

One year later, what do you think of the trade?

Wow, that is incredible OP, +1! Hit my right in the feels, got pretty emotional tbh.

Blast to the past...makes me upset we couldn't win that game 7...legacies would've been cemented had we and more likely than not this could've all ended smoothly instead of how it did. I've always appreciated Lu but damn, this makes you look back and just say "wow". Luuuuuuuuuuuuuu :towel:

Wow, that is incredible OP, +1! Hit my right in the feels, got pretty emotional tbh.

Blast to the past...makes me upset we couldn't win that game 7...legacies would've been cemented had we and more likely than not this could've all ended smoothly instead of how it did. I've always appreciated Lu but damn, this makes you look back and just say "wow". Luuuuuuuuuuuuuu :towel:

Couldn't be said any better.

Nicely done. One of the things I really liked about Luongo is how he openly and regularly talked about his main goal - winning the Cup, and he envisioned it happening in Vancouver. Kassian tweeted about getting the Cup a few days ago... I wish it was mentioned in every interview by every Canuck. It needs to be in the forefront of everything they think and do.

AMAZING! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and what a perfect song . . . This tribute is beyond special - thank U for making it.

My worst memory of Lou was at the Heritage Classic. In the end I was sorry I had purchased tickets. My heart just broke for the guy and Eddie too because you got to know that it was really hard on Eddie that day. I paid plenty for that ticket and barely watched any of the game.

One of my fondest memories after that was his return to Vancouver as a Panther. It was truly one game that I was praying we would lose and we delivered. I stood up and it was a heart felt standing ovation that he received from the fans of Vancouver. Part of it was me saying sorry Lou for not being supportive all the time.

I made sure that every save he made I LUUUUUUUUU'd him just like everyone else did. It was our way of saying Thank U to just the greatest guy ever.

Greatest goaltender in franchise history? Ryan Miller

Greatest LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU in franchise history? Luca Sbisa

Greatest RK in franchise history? Ronalds Kenins

Greatest #17 in franchise history? Radim Vrbata

Roberto Luongo was my favourite player for the better part of 5 or 6 years, but I'm glad we got new players and they bleed to death for us. Only person I lu for now is when #5 dishes out his MONSTER HITS

I really loved that, damn these allergies. Nothing wrong with looking back with fondness and appreciating Lu for what he did/was here. This place tends to find the negative aspect of things, so it's refreshing to have something positive to focus on for a change.

A couple of pics I took when I had the great pleasure of sitting behind him in net.

ad4e0216-c534-4dc9-895a-6c29f38b7699_zps

bdb2d0fd-b1a4-4f6b-b57f-3815ec2aa6ec_zps

Will always be a fan of Lu's...I like him as a person as well as a hockey player. His sense of humour, the fact that he loves poker....just a chill guy when you strip it down and take away the hockey based emotion that had some here turn on him.

Was he perfect? No. But he was heart and soul invested and gave us a lot to cheer for. Will always be in his corner and wish him the very best. I secretly still do a "yesss" when he gets a good win.

Archived