The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 NHL Entry Draft [June 24-25th || Buffalo, New York]

tkachuk scores all of his goals within 20 ft of the net. i think people need to understand he plays a pro game that will translate. hes not flashy and outskilling everyone which rarely translates. he outsmarts and outworks players for position. he creates openings and traffic for skill guys yet has tremendous skill to beat goalies in close and deflect pucks. he backs up defenses by making them colllapse on his position. for all of the second assists they are well earned as well as goals he is a big part of but doesnt get points on because of his positioning.

19g 20a 16gp but was held scoreless in 1st 2 playoff games so the points are over 14 gp.

5 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I think Tkachuk will be ours. Whoever selects at 4th will take Dubois. Wether it be Edmonton or someone else. 

I'm hoping for that, he seems like a safe pick.

17 minutes ago, Lomez said:

I'm hoping for that, he seems like a safe pick.

His numbers are insane. Plus I've seen him play and he passes the eye test. Skating needs work but looks like a future 1st liner otherwise. If not we get Dubois. The lotto sucked but look how it's worked out for us not getting the 6th!

31 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

His numbers are insane. Plus I've seen him play and he passes the eye test. Skating needs work but looks like a future 1st liner otherwise. If not we get Dubois. The lotto sucked but look how it's worked out for us not getting the 6th!

I've kept a close eye on him because many in london feel his stats are inflated due to his linemates, but his hockey sense and vision is what won me over. Great toughness too

1 hour ago, Lomez said:

I've kept a close eye on him because many in london feel his stats are inflated due to his linemates, but his hockey sense and vision is what won me over. Great toughness too

yeah, I much prefer him over dubois, more of a known quantity

8 hours ago, clam linguine said:

Hohum....another 3 goals and an assist for Tkachuk tonight in a 6-1 london win.  This guy is gold.  If Edmonton wants a Dman at #4 we better quickly give them one to keep #4 and #5.  I do not want Calgary getting either Tkachuk or Dubois.  Definitely not Tkachuk so I guess that tells me who we should be hoping to get.

Tanev and #33 pick for #4?  Not sure that gets it done.

3 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

I think Tkachuk will be ours. Whoever selects at 4th will take Dubois. Wether it be Edmonton or someone else. 

Edmonton is taking Tkatchuk.  They need what he brings in their top six forward group.  They are a VERY soft team, who's forwards are FAR too easy to play against.  

Why wouldn't they take Tkatchuk?  

If you look at it as #4 OA , it may not.   If it is Tanev and #33 for  Chick, Serge or Julie...it should.   But I really don't think the Oilers would take a D at #4.   To me..that would be incompetent.  I am sure they would trade down or trade the pick to someone who wants a forward.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Edmonton is taking Tkatchuk.  They need what he brings in their top six forward group.  They are a VERY soft team, who's forwards are FAR too easy to play against.  

Why wouldn't they take Tkatchuk?  

The suggestion that Montreal trades Subban to the Oilers so they can pick Dubois is interesting.  That would give us Tkachuk.

3 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

If you look at it as #4 OA , it may not.   If it is Tanev and #33 for  Chick, Serge or Julie...it should.   But I really don't think the Oilers would take a D at #4.   To me..that would be incompetent.  I am sure they would trade down or trade the pick to someone who wants a forward.

It may not, no.  However, with a new building and a young core that's getting less and less "young" and running out of excuses, they need to start winning and that means building their d corp.  Tanev would be a solid piece in that puzzle........it would also mean they would only have to move one of their top fwds for another dman to really nail it down......say a Harmonic kind of deal.

Obviously it leaves a pretty big hole on the Canucks blue line, but solidifies a rock solid, young top 6 in the next 5 years with both PLD and Tkachuk.  

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

It may not, no.  However, with a new building and a young core that's getting less and less "young" and running out of excuses, they need to start winning and that means building their d corp.  Tanev would be a solid piece in that puzzle........it would also mean they would only have to move one of their top fwds for another dman to really nail it down......say a Harmonic kind of deal.

Obviously it leaves a pretty big hole on the Canucks blue line, but solidifies a rock solid, young top 6 in the next 5 years with both PLD and Tkachuk.  

I would love it...Tanev sure looks good at the worlds...lets hope he keeps it up.

11 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

The suggestion that Montreal trades Subban to the Oilers so they can pick Dubois is interesting.  That would give us Tkachuk.

I had not heard that rumor, but Dubois would be regarded very highly by Montreal for that to occur.  PK is a Norris D-man. We're the Oilers adding to the pick?  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I had not heard that rumor, but Dubois would be regarded very highly by Montreal for that to occur.  PK is a Norris D-man. We're the Oilers adding to the pick?  

I never heard further detail to the rumour, but i would have to assume the Oilers would add something.  Of course, the Canadiens don't want to miss out on a French star.

Just now, clam linguine said:

I never heard further detail to the rumour, but i would have to assume the Oilers would add something.  

Usually those trades are 3 to 5 pieces.  That #4 pick in this draft would be worth a lot though.  

5 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

I never heard further detail to the rumour, but i would have to assume the Oilers would add something.  Of course, the Canadiens don't want to miss out on a French star.

I remember when the Habs chose Wickenheiser over Savard.  It was huge in the French press.  With the local guy being so good, maybe they would give up PK?  I sure like Tkatchuk, so if we could get him - great.  If he's not there, I wonder if JB takes Juliovvi?

7 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Subbans no trade clause kicks in this year I believe........however, I guess that would be after the draft.  I know there's rumours, but I just don't see mtl dumping a Norris dman.

Archived