S N Y P E R S 7

2016 NHL Entry Draft [June 24-25th || Buffalo, New York]

Hohum....another 3 goals and an assist for Tkachuk tonight in a 6-1 london win.  This guy is gold.  If Edmonton wants a Dman at #4 we better quickly give them one to keep #4 and #5.  I do not want Calgary getting either Tkachuk or Dubois.  Definitely not Tkachuk so I guess that tells me who we should be hoping to get.

• Upvote 1

lol.

It's funny how TSN and SN are all on Auston Matthews' d*ck now because the world's are on. Every highlight is focused on him.

Typical Toronto homers.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jam126 said:

Why is it that SN and TSN go full retard when they make a mock pick for us?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/damien-cox-mock-draft-nhl-draft-lottery-results-edition/

damian cox sucker has us PLD

Button mocked us too, by purposely ranking the consensus number 6 player in the second round. (Virtanen) he is once again at it again by having Logan Brown jumping literately 21 spots from his previous ranking from 27 to 5 in a span of 3 weeks, how the hell does one player jump in 22 spots is truly beyond anyone's guess, and exactly he's no longer employed by any NHL team.  We will kindly take Tkachuk.

Logon Brown has an impressive skill set and size, no question about it, his skill set (right now) is way too raw to be in a top 5, how the hell did he come up with that conclusion?  no one else even has him in the top 10, let a lone top 5.  He can mock us all he wants.

It's funny how TSN and SN are all on Auston Matthews' d*ck now because the world's are on. Every highlight is focused on him.

Typical Toronto homers.

its unreal how TSN  is taking highlite packages from his season and breaking it down for example

"Break away" it shows a video

"End to end"  shows a clip

"snip shot"  shows him sniping a goal, it's unreal. 

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord

Tkachuk ripping it up is only good for us. Dubois or Tkachuk? If Edmonton did take a D I wonder which one we would take. 

tkachuk scores all of his goals within 20 ft of the net. i think people need to understand he plays a pro game that will translate. hes not flashy and outskilling everyone which rarely translates. he outsmarts and outworks players for position. he creates openings and traffic for skill guys yet has tremendous skill to beat goalies in close and deflect pucks. he backs up defenses by making them colllapse on his position. for all of the second assists they are well earned as well as goals he is a big part of but doesnt get points on because of his positioning.

19g 20a 16gp but was held scoreless in 1st 2 playoff games so the points are over 14 gp.

• Upvote 2

After this playoff run for the Knights, i'd be disappointed if we didn't take Tkachuk, given the chance. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Lomez said:

After this playoff run for the Knights, i'd be disappointed if we didn't take Tkachuk, given the chance. 

I think Tkachuk will be ours. Whoever selects at 4th will take Dubois. Wether it be Edmonton or someone else. 

5 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I think Tkachuk will be ours. Whoever selects at 4th will take Dubois. Wether it be Edmonton or someone else. 

I'm hoping for that, he seems like a safe pick.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Lomez said:

I'm hoping for that, he seems like a safe pick.

His numbers are insane. Plus I've seen him play and he passes the eye test. Skating needs work but looks like a future 1st liner otherwise. If not we get Dubois. The lotto sucked but look how it's worked out for us not getting the 6th!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

His numbers are insane. Plus I've seen him play and he passes the eye test. Skating needs work but looks like a future 1st liner otherwise. If not we get Dubois. The lotto sucked but look how it's worked out for us not getting the 6th!

I've kept a close eye on him because many in london feel his stats are inflated due to his linemates, but his hockey sense and vision is what won me over. Great toughness too

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lomez said:

I've kept a close eye on him because many in london feel his stats are inflated due to his linemates, but his hockey sense and vision is what won me over. Great toughness too

yeah, I much prefer him over dubois, more of a known quantity

8 hours ago, clam linguine said:

Hohum....another 3 goals and an assist for Tkachuk tonight in a 6-1 london win.  This guy is gold.  If Edmonton wants a Dman at #4 we better quickly give them one to keep #4 and #5.  I do not want Calgary getting either Tkachuk or Dubois.  Definitely not Tkachuk so I guess that tells me who we should be hoping to get.

Tanev and #33 pick for #4?  Not sure that gets it done.

3 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Edmonton is taking Tkatchuk.  They need what he brings in their top six forward group.  They are a VERY soft team, who's forwards are FAR too easy to play against.  

Why wouldn't they take Tkatchuk?  

• Upvote 2

If you look at it as #4 OA , it may not.   If it is Tanev and #33 for  Chick, Serge or Julie...it should.   But I really don't think the Oilers would take a D at #4.   To me..that would be incompetent.  I am sure they would trade down or trade the pick to someone who wants a forward.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

Tanev and #33 pick for #4?  Not sure that gets it done.

oops...see above

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Edmonton is taking Tkatchuk.  They need what he brings in their top six forward group.  They are a VERY soft team, who's forwards are FAR too easy to play against.  

Why wouldn't they take Tkatchuk?  

The suggestion that Montreal trades Subban to the Oilers so they can pick Dubois is interesting.  That would give us Tkachuk.

Edited by clam linguine

3 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

If you look at it as #4 OA , it may not.   If it is Tanev and #33 for  Chick, Serge or Julie...it should.   But I really don't think the Oilers would take a D at #4.   To me..that would be incompetent.  I am sure they would trade down or trade the pick to someone who wants a forward.

It may not, no.  However, with a new building and a young core that's getting less and less "young" and running out of excuses, they need to start winning and that means building their d corp.  Tanev would be a solid piece in that puzzle........it would also mean they would only have to move one of their top fwds for another dman to really nail it down......say a Harmonic kind of deal.

Obviously it leaves a pretty big hole on the Canucks blue line, but solidifies a rock solid, young top 6 in the next 5 years with both PLD and Tkachuk.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

It may not, no.  However, with a new building and a young core that's getting less and less "young" and running out of excuses, they need to start winning and that means building their d corp.  Tanev would be a solid piece in that puzzle........it would also mean they would only have to move one of their top fwds for another dman to really nail it down......say a Harmonic kind of deal.

Obviously it leaves a pretty big hole on the Canucks blue line, but solidifies a rock solid, young top 6 in the next 5 years with both PLD and Tkachuk.  

I would love it...Tanev sure looks good at the worlds...lets hope he keeps it up.

11 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

The suggestion that Montreal trades Subban to the Oilers so they can pick Dubois is interesting.  That would give us Tkachuk.

I had not heard that rumor, but Dubois would be regarded very highly by Montreal for that to occur.  PK is a Norris D-man. We're the Oilers adding to the pick?