The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GM trivia Question - It is important to know your history (Discussion)

This is a valuable question and even a more valuable answer for CDC. (Mods this definitely belong here! Please allow)

Other than obviously Canadian, all being hockey players and are or will be hall of Famers, what do the following hockey players have in common?

Wayne Gretzky, Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr, Brad Park, Jean Ratelle, Marcel Dionne, Gordy Howe, Bobby Hull, Patrick Roy, Ray Bourque, Joe Thornton, Jerome Iginla, Frank Mahovlich, Martin Brodeur, and Paul Coffey have in common?

Anyone care to answer?

This is a valuable question and even a more valuable answer for CDC. (Mods this definitely belong here! Please allow)

Other than obviously Canadian, all being hockey players and are or will be hall of Famers, what do the following hockey players have in common?

Wayne Gretzky, Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr, Brad Park, Jean Ratelle, Marcel Dionne, Gordy Howe, Bobby Hull, Patrick Roy, Ray Bourque, Joe Thornton, Jerome Iginla, Frank Mahovlich, Martin Brodeur, and Paul Coffey have in common?

Anyone care to answer?

Canadian?

Anyone care to answer?

Another stellar thread started by the hockeynut that's gaining lots of traction...

OK. I'll play along...with the exception of Gordy Howe and Jerome Iginla, all of the listed players have been first team all stars. Throw Gordie Howe and Jarome Iginla into the mix and every one of them have been a first team all star.

Bigbadcanucks

Well look at that, it took 2 separate posts to get you to crawl out from under your rock to be the spelling Queen! Ha! Like friggin clock work!

Look man, stop cranking on people on here, just because you know more doesn't give the right to jump on people. I love this place and when someone new come on here, you don't have to jump them...or anyone else for that matter.

Now the answer to my "well" responded to post is that all these great hockey players, have played for another professional team other than the one that drafted them. Some were traded, some jumped to different leagues for the money, and some were just not resigned.

My point is that although many on here do not like the idea of trading veterans, it has been happening for a very long time, and to the greatest players that have ever been.

Even on our own club, we have traded away Bure, Linden, and Luongo, 3 of the 5 greatest hockey players ever to put on a Canuck uniform.

For me, I am here to read everyone's post and enjoy other's point's a view. If you do know as much as you think, may I suggest you answer with a little kindness and share that knowledge........

As for Gordy and Jerome, if it really matters to you....well, when I typed Gordie onto the screen, it corrected me to Gordy, I wiki'd it and it came out Gordy, so that's what I put....as for Jerome......I guess you got me!

Archived