The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2015 NHL Draft] - David Cotton

A smart and competitive two-way center with high offensive upside. Exhibits smooth natural skating ability with a top speed that can be hard for the opposition to handle. Soft hands allow him to let his creativity flow free. Possesses a prolific skillset; he can snap the puck to the back of the net, make a seemingly tricky pass look easy, or hold onto the puck and establish a firm forecheck until the right opportunity shows itself. All-in-all, a player who has the ability to dominate offensively and defensively due to his size, speed, individual skills, and intelligence with and without the puck. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

Watching David Cotton play this year - I can't think of any NHLer who he reminds me of.

His speed and forechecking ability is bullish, and he has the size of a Kesler-type player - but he's smarter than Ryan Kesler; more creative and smart with the puck. Great hands and uses his size well and to his advantage. Cold competitor who outworks the opposition at both ends of the rink. He's a complete player not without his dynamics.

Name: David Cotton

Team: Cushing Academy

Size: 6'3 || 192lbs

Position: Center

Cushing-David-Cotton-2015-02-14-14-35-57

Games Played: 33

Goals: 27

Assists: 42

Total Points: 69

available in the 6th?

God-willing.

However, he's been getting a keen eye from a lot of scouts recently. May be swooped up in the 3rd or 4th by a team that needs that depth guy. He'd be a steal in the 6th.

He'll be playing at Boston College next year with Demko.

Seeing the way he already plays, he's going to develop very well there.

I like what I've read so far. Seems like the type of guy Benning likes. Any video of him?

Mmm unfortunately not. I get my coverage through EP.

However, Cushing Academy has a YouTube Channel!

You can surf through some of their videos, maybe type in David Cotton (look for their hockey videos of Varsity Boys Ice Hockey), or look for #11. That's his jersey number.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CushingAcademy/videos

Mmm unfortunately not. I get my coverage through EP.

However, Cushing Academy has a YouTube Channel!

You can surf through some of their videos, maybe type in David Cotton (look for their hockey videos of Varsity Boys Ice Hockey), or look for #11. That's his jersey number.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CushingAcademy/videos

Yup! saw what i could of him. He's got good size and skates well which is a good mix. Good forechecking/backchecking, one thing I noticed he needs to work on is keeping his head up, and making the right pass. Wish I could see more though. His assists total seems to be showing me otherwise but that's what i saw from the only 2 games i watched xP

Archived