The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ashton Sautner | D

S N Y P E R S 7

The rest of that is somewhat realistic but good luck getting provorov mid-first with the way he's shot up

ya i dpubt we get a bunch of thoughs players i just hope benning gets a few second rounders or thirds to maybe grab some players that fall. really id be happy if we got one of thoughs guys but 2-3 would be epic fingers crosssed. i never thought wed get provorov but anythings possible. Im not sure why Pilon is only ranked 30th in north american players in scouting rankings hes better than that and so is rasmus anderson at 84

ya i dpubt we get a bunch of thoughs players i just hope benning gets a few second rounders or thirds to maybe grab some players that fall. really id be happy if we got one of thoughs guys but 2-3 would be epic fingers crosssed. i never thought wed get provorov but anythings possible. Im not sure why Pilon is only ranked 30th in north american players in scouting rankings hes better than that and so is rasmus anderson at 84

I'll be over the moon for pretty much anything in the top 10 but I'd love provorov.

Guest Dasein

Plenty of undrafted defensemen that go on to become NHLers - we have two (Tanev and Stanton)

Other notables I can think of around the league are Mark Giordano, Dan Girardi, Dan Boyle, Josh Jorges, Brandon Dillon, Torey Krug, Mike Weaver, etc

Niklas Bo Hunter

Benning said today that he has been stocking up on D prospects as you say. This is because he has lots of forward prospects in the pipeline. He is close to having balanced forward and D prospects now.

He want's to go after the BPA in the first round and now has no reason not to.

• Upvote 1

Interesting to see Sautner earned 6 votes in the "Best Offensive Defenseman" category in the recent WHL Eastern Conference poll: http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Poll+position+Coaches+players+cast+votes+best+Eastern+Conference/10905355/story.html

No votes in the "Best Defensive Defenseman" category (just in case you were wondering).

Guest Dasein

Correct me if Im wrong but I believe Sautner can play the right side as well? Played there with Griffin Reinhart so that opens doors for him as well.

Is he still playing the right side now that Reinhart is gone though?