Canucks Community

Colin White

Zfetch

Position- C
Shoots- Right
Height- 6'0"
Weight- 183

White_Colin_medium.jpg

Colin White is one of the greatest, if not the greatest 2-way forward in the 2015 NHL Draft.

Player Analysis:

Strong, well-rounded, two-way center…one of the best skaters for this draft…great speed with an excellent stride and tremendous acceleration…moves quickly and is tough to handle when he hits top speed…has great strength on his skates and is tough to separate from the puck…battles hard for possession…drives the net and is strong in close…can beat a goalie in many ways…has a great shot and also distributes the puck well…a very hard worker with an edge to his game…great on defense with a great defensive stick and strong defensive-zone awareness…always in the right spots on the ice and he is a tremendous worker.~ Future Considerations

White is a coach’s dream. The two-way center does all the little things right on the ice and is most dangerous when the opposition thinks the puck is leaving their zone, only to see White snatch it back.

“I try to make it key to play defense before offense,” he said. “If you’re in the defensive zone you’re playing tight and you’re just going to break out easier. I’ve watched a lot of video with coach (Don) Granato on Toews and Bergeron, taking pieces from their games.”~Colin White (The HockeyNews.com)

(The following below is a mixture of what I've seen and what other scouts have said)

Work Ethic: 9/10
Offensive Prowess: 8/10
Defensive Prowess: 10/10
Player Projection: 1st line Center- Two-Way Forward
Draft Position Projection: 6-20
Player Comparable: Patrice Bergeron

Final Say: The Canucks may just have the choice of selecting him, and they or any other team will not be disappointing with selecting White.

Colin>Patrick

2015 Draft>2007 Draft

Benning's scouting> GIllis's scouting

P.White= Trade for Ehrhoff= Cup run

C.White= Cup run

Yeah, I know. But still, we have too much center depth. If Colin White can play RW, grab him for sure. Other than that, we need a RW

Yeah, I know. But still, we have too much center depth. If Colin White can play RW, grab him for sure. Other than that, we need a RW

Funny enough he can play RW. ::D

RW is his 2nd position.

Plus, sure we have center depth, but we also need that 1st line center prospect.

BPA should always get selected over positional-needs.

Next thing you know Gaunce and McCann both bust, then what are we going to do?

Colin White is a really good player. I've been watching him all year, he's really special.

Talking to Craig Button, he thinks that White is a little below Harkins, and Harkins is a little below Kyle Connor.

All-in-all, Kyle Connor, Colin White, and Jansen Harkins are the best two way forwards in this year's draft.

Can we draft for skill for once... we've gone for intangibles over ceilings in the past two drafts already. I'd like to to take a flyer on a potential boomer this time around.

Since when does a potential 1st line center not have a ceiling.

This guy is going to be good.

He is one of the best picks we can use if he falls to us.

Aside from McDonalds, Strome is the only other center I'd take over White. And there is no way Strome is falling to us.

Defense is also a good option in our range

Colin>Patrick

2015 Draft>2007 Draft

Benning's scouting> GIllis's scouting

P.White= Trade for Ehrhoff= Cup run

C.White= Cup run

Uh, Nonis drafted Patrick White.

But are you suggesting we look at him, even considering our abundance of 200ft, two-way centers? What I mean is he not redundant considering the potential upside of guys like Horvat, McCann and even Cassels?

MG might have lost some trades but generally speaking, his drafting wasn't terrible. ...

The entire draft classes of 2008-2012 have produced players who have played, so far, 505 NHL games, the majority of those by CoHo. There are still a few prospects in there, but yes, his drafting was terrible in those years.

His 2010 draft had been gutted by trade so started in the 4th round, but the other years there were reasonable picks at the top-2008, 2009 and 2012 he had his 1st and 2nd and 2010 he had a 1st, no 2nd but 2-3rd's and 2-4th's.

Only his 2013 draft class has a good chance of turning out to be ok or better.

But are you suggesting we look at him, even considering our abundance of 200ft, two-way centers? What I mean is he not redundant considering the potential upside of guys like Horvat, McCann and even Cassels?

Yeah, we do have a lot of 2-way center prospects.

But, there are many good talents in this draft, I and many others believe this kid has loads of potential.

If White happens to be BPA at our selection we should certainly draft him.

It's like saying you're going to pick Marner instead of McDavid just because you're stacked at Center.

from other scouting reports I have read, Colin White does have offensive upside.

Since when does a potential 1st line center not have a ceiling.

This guy is going to be good.

He is one of the best picks we can use if he falls to us.

Aside from McDonalds, Strome is the only other center I'd take over White. And there is no way Strome is falling to us.

Defense is also a good option in our range

McDonald's? How bout that hamburglar?

Archived