johnnyrocks

[Article] Rebounding Gino Odjick thankfully looks ahead to a possible role with Canucks

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

Gino would have murdred Kadri for hitting Daniel then murder Martin for jumping Stetcher. 

 

Both would never play again. 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Gino would have murdred Kadri for hitting Daniel then murder Martin for jumping Stetcher. 

 

Both would never play again. 

 

 

Agree, he wouldn't of let that crap slide even in this new era. That's why tbh I'm actually excited a bit for the guy they picked up on waivers Cramarossa, watching some videos he could actually be the next Gino!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have there been any updates since that article?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

Have there been any updates since that article?

Not that I know of, but today on Global news they said the reason why Squire Barnes was not on today, was because he was supposedly doing an interview with Gino.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Had to bump this as it was going through my mind today. It's amazing how back in 2014 doctors said he only had weeks left to live, yet here we are 3 years later and he's still alive. It's an amazing story and I strongly believe a lot has to do with the fans of Vancouver and family across the country, who gave him the support he needed to continue on. He's a fighter and strong hearted person, and just hope the support is still there for him because he does need it!

Seeing this threat bumped scared me.  He'll have my support as long as he's fighting.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the bump. +1

 

I hadn't seen this article back in 2015 and always wondered where Gino ended up. Hopefully he has made even more of a recovery since the article was released.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my all-time favourite canuck.,i remember his rookie season.he was about 19 or 20 and was dominant in every fight out of traning camp.pat quinn was one of the best people in the history of hockey,he truly cared about his players.great article. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to hear how he's doing. Hopefully still in remission :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2015-03-18 at 8:35 AM, mpt said:

Please put him in the ROH already

 

Will be going at all costs in my #29 jersey if they do. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This felt a lot more recent than 2015 but glad to hear his health rebounding as it was sounding pretty grim when news was initially breaking 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Not that I know of, but today on Global news they said the reason why Squire Barnes was not on today, was because he was supposedly doing an interview with Gino.

Awesome to hear, thanks! I knew a guy that had amyloidosis, it's a terrible disease. He died years ago. When I found out Gino had it, it hit really close to home. I grew up loving Gino, so to hear he's doing so well with this is fantastic news!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

That'll be nice 

Edited by Canucks-12
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both he and Tiger Williams deserve places in the Ring of Honour as a tribute to a type of hockey player that will never be part of the league again.  Two of the greatest fan favorites and two of the best enforcers in NHL history.  Honour the enforcers in the ring.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always post this in the Gino threads... I've only been to about 20-25 Canuck games in my life, and this was one of them.

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-03-02 at 0:17 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Had to bump this as it was going through my mind today. It's amazing how back in 2014 doctors said he only had weeks left to live, yet here we are 3 years later and he's still alive. It's an amazing story and I strongly believe a lot has to do with the fans of Vancouver and family across the country, who gave him the support he needed to continue on. He's a fighter and strong hearted person, and just hope the support is still there for him because he does need it!

His heart was operating at about 20% then and is now up around 60%.   Pretty amazing, really.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

His heart was operating at about 20% then and is now up around 60%.   Pretty amazing, really.

Yeah that's insane was shocked to hear that, but the fact that it's at 60 now is just so amazing!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

His heart was operating at about 20% then and is now up around 60%.   Pretty amazing, really.

When you have a heart the size of his even 20% is twice the size of most mere human's...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.