The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers arena Crowd: VERY Quiet...

Jam126

Rogers arena is VERY quiet. Even when the Canucks are blowing out the other team they don't seem to cheer. Yes, I hear a couple jeers and chants but it's not enough. To me, the volume is as low as bee buzz. Hope this isn't a problem in the playoffs because if the crowd is super quiet, it'll have no impact on the team's energy or confidence. The last fairly loud game I heard was the Jets game. It had great atmosphere and also had impact on the actual game's entertainment value. I'm NOT hating I'm just pointing this out because sometimes Rogers arena can be as quiet as the BB&T Center in Florida.

And a question, to the people who watched the games live, is it way louder than on TV or just louder?

I'd also like to see people's opinions on this topic because I found it somewhat interesting.

Rogers arena is VERY quiet. Even when the Canucks are blowing out the other team they don't seem to cheer. Yes, I hear a couple jeers and chants but it's not enough. To me, the volume is as low as bee buzz. Hope this isn't a problem in the playoffs because if the crowd is super quiet, it'll have no impact on the team's energy or confidence. The last fairly loud game I heard was the Jets game. It had great atmosphere and also had impact on the actual game's entertainment value. I'm NOT hating I'm just pointing this out because sometimes Rogers arena can be as quiet as the BB&T Center in Florida.

And a question, to the people who watched the games live, is it way louder than on TV or just louder?

I'd also like to see people's opinions on this topic because I found it somewhat interesting.

:huh: Really...

Yep it's fairly quiet in Roger's arena compared to lots of other places but believe it or not, it's been much better this year due to the exciting product on the ice. That said, that's what you'd expect from all the suits and disinterested people in the lower bowl. The upper levels are typically a much better atmosphere except for the occasional drunk who ruins it for everyone around them

Hey look it’s the weekly “we’re the quietest team in the league/suits” thread

Yep it's fairly quiet in Roger's arena compared to lots of other places but believe it or not, it's been much better this year due to the exciting product on the ice. That said, that's what you'd expect from all the suits and disinterested people in the lower bowl. The upper levels are typically a much better atmosphere except for the occasional drunk who ruins it for everyone around them

Lots of threads on this already, but to answer your one question: yes, it is louder live than on the TV (they don't mic the crowd that much so that the announcers come through clearly).

:huh: Really...

Oops, I'm pretty new around here and didn't know there was already a hundred posts about this.

Oops, I'm pretty new around here and didn't know there was already a hundred posts about this.

It is one of those topics (changing jerseys is another) that pops up several times a year, every year, so after a few years or more here, they seem pretty common.

If you want an idea of how loud it is in person compared to TV here is probably the best example I can give. Gold Medal game intro

you can barely even hear the P.A announcer and music for much of the video after Team Canada comes out and they are announcing the lineup, and when they start playing "welcome to the jungle" just before puck drop u literally can't hear anything but the crowd. On TV before the puckdrop u could hear the music

It's nowhere near as loud on tv as it is in person, they mute crowd noise somewhat

Archived