The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don't wear those Millionaires Jerseys anymore

jmahyoung

Does anyone else think it's a coincidence when the Canucks wear those maroon Millionaires jerseys with the striped maroon and beige arms that they never win and get out shot and broken up on ice?

Canucks don't play well with those jerseys on.

With all due respect to the original Vancouver Cup winning team. Congratulations on your 100th anniversary.

Now let's put those 3rd Jerseys away. They seem like easy targets out there.

Agreed.

After a century to the day, this is the 'perfect' and 'best' time, to re-tire 'em from use - for good!

And - that's not being disrespectful, in the least... rather, it's just saying, that it's time to acknowledge the past is in the past,.. and the future is now!

The observation was made many times in the game day thread.

Personally I think they should change the colour on the Millionaires jerseys to Blue, Green and White, same as the standard ones...

The purple colur really sucks, they look like cartoon characters out there.

George says to try cotton ones...

LoL. Yeah, cotton breathes, it's much softer. Someone needs to tell Willy to imagine his team playing games 5 degrees cooler than the other team. They'll be more comfortable, and be happier.

Besides, polyester isn't a natural fibre.

I doubt they'll ever wear em again.

It's not a tradition that Trev started, the 100yr has been honoured, there's talk of new Canucks jerseys..

Maybe the uni's are so bad it actually makes the Canucks embarrassed and it takes them a couple of periods to suck it up, I dunno, but they are butt ugly.

Archived