The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eastside Hockey Manager 2015/Early Access Edition

Rick Grimes

How do I play my prospects in exhibition?

I'd just mess around to figure it out, but I don't want to mess things up. The UI takes some time to get used to >.>

Have you invited them to training camp? If so, it's just a matter of dressing them and setting your lines.

Ahh, okay. I just invited the non-signed players. I didn't know I had to invite the Comets too.

Thanks ^^

Ahh, okay. I just invited the non-signed players. I didn't know I had to invite the Comets too.

Thanks ^^

Players under contract that aren't on your NHL team just need to be recalled. You can also invite UFAs who you don't own the rights to the same way as you would one of your prospects.

Edited by Intoewsables

I love this game, but man does it still need work, lol.

Moved Nicklas Jensen for Dougie Hamilton straight up

Moved Sven Baertschi and a 2nd for Johnathan Huberdeau

GG

I think the newest update messed up the trade value. I just saw the Canucks trade a player they picked 2nd overall the previous year for Ben Smith. Terrible.

Edited by Intoewsables

I think it really just messes up when an AI doesn't consider a player unmovable. From what I hear it sounds like you have to pay more than an arm and a leg to get a tier 2 prospect/player if the team isn't comfortable with letting them go.

Why the Bruins were then ready to just ship out Hamilton then, I don't know.

That's the kind of stuff that makes me not want to playtest a game for a developer.

I think it really just messes up when an AI doesn't consider a player unmovable. From what I hear it sounds like you have to pay more than an arm and a leg to get a tier 2 prospect/player if the team isn't comfortable with letting them go.

Why the Bruins were then ready to just ship out Hamilton then, I don't know.

That's the kind of stuff that makes me not want to playtest a game for a developer.

Yeah. It's virtually impossible to trade for anyone the AI considers untouchable, which is probably the way it should be. I hadn't really seen any super lopsided trades until this latest update though. I don't mind if a team hires a GM with bad attributes and they make a couple stinkers, but not ones that would universally be considered horrible at the time of the trade.

It's worth mentioning that both Jensen and Baertschi turned into top-6 forwards in my game, so the extent of how lopsided those trades are really depends on how they panned out in Rick's game.

Thanks ^^

Save it pretty regularly until you're comfortable with everything.

2007 after all patches and updates were released was pretty great. Pretty realistic. Realistic trades and so forth. Scoring in the game was higher than in real life but real life has millions of more variables affecting that. A game is a game so it won't vary too greatly like we've seen this year with nobody cracking 90 points.

lmao Stammer 27 PIM, match penalty. Suspended 3 games.

Definitely bugged;

I had Lucic on my team for a dozen or so games and I set his personal tactics to encourage fighting, in that time he racked up 125 penalty minutes, and 5 suspensions.

Edited by Rick Grimes

Definitely bugged;

I had Lucic on my team for a dozen or so games and I set his personal tactics to encourage fighting, in that time he racked up 125 penalty minutes, and 5 suspensions.

HAHAHA I totally forgot about that feature!! I am going to try and break some records. CDC Challenge. Create a team entirely filled with the dirtiest goons ever, not giving a crap about their skill. Encourage everyone to fight. Whoever gets the most team PIMs wins.

Heh, my Canucks won the President's Trophy in our first season. Naturally, I expect us to get swept in the first round against the Stars.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Schenn - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Hansen

Conacher - Richardson - Rieder

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Weber

Stanton - Bieksa

Markstrom

Lack

No idea why Markstrom is better than Lack in this database, but whatever.

Is there a general consensus on what works well and what doesnt with the game? I'd love to get it, but I'm worried about things like maybe I can't play as a WHL GM and move up the ladder, or if trades are excessively unrealistic, or potentials are out to lunch, etc.

Not really a big fan of buying half-done games, but it appears ehm2007 is no longer obtainable so I dont know what choice I have. Hopefully you guys have played it enough to warrent a good unbiased review on functionality haha