The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Canucks Sign Joseph Labate to PTO

Gstank29

Wow, thought we gave up on this guy for sure.

Glad we're getting a look at him to make sure. From what I can tell, the Badgers were not a very good team.

If his two way game is good, he's a big body shutdown guy at the very least.

Wow, thought we gave up on this guy for sure.

Glad we're getting a look at him to make sure. From what I can tell, the Badgers were not a very good team.

If his two way game is good, he's a big body shutdown guy at the very least.

Me too. Haven't heard anything about this guy in a few years.

Here's my question.

Where are we with our current contract limit? 49 now?

We still have Subban and I think one or two other guys needing contracts (NCAA players?) as well as whoever we draft this season.

Will we be able to fit them all in before they either enter free agency or re-enter the draft?

Here's my question.

Where are we with our current contract limit? 49 now?

We still have Subban and I think one or two other guys needing contracts (NCAA players?) as well as whoever we draft this season.

Will we be able to fit them all in before they either enter free agency or re-enter the draft?

Labate is a PTO so he hasn't signed anything yet, and it doesnt count as a contract. Hutton did sign a contract, but for now it's a PTO, and will only count against next years total

I think we are at 48 contracts now. But i'm not to sure about that

18 points -17 ? and guys like Subban are not still signed? What is Benning doing? we got guys in the farm like Griener who are more deserving of a contract than these long term projects.

How to make a post by Desiboynux4liffee

1.Look at stats

2.Form opinion based soley on stats

3.Somehow relate it to Bo-sang/Subban

4.Name another player who is more deserving of a contract (optional step)

18 points -17 ? and guys like Subban are not still signed? What is Benning doing? we got guys in the farm like Griener who are more deserving of a contract than these long term projects.

For the millionth time, Benning said he's waiting until Subban's season is over before signing him. Stop complaining.

How to make a post by Desiboynux4liffee

1.Look at stats

2.From opinion based soley on stats

3.Somehow relate it to Bo-sang/Subban

4.Name another player who is more deserving of a contract (optional step)

Somehow you guys support these signings lol. Stats matter and - 18 in college is horrible. How do you guys expect him to play in the NHL if he is a -18 in college?

Why is Benning ignoring guys we have like Dane Fox, who should be in Utica instead. These signings are silly, they don't make sense because he is just signing redundant players eg grinders and we need some real top notch skill.

Somehow you guys support these signings lol. Stats matter and - 18 in college is horrible. How do you guys expect him to play in the NHL if he is a -18 in college?

His team was 4-26-5........ I'm pretty sure anyone would be a minus on a team like that.....

Please learn the difference between a PTO and an actual contract.

They're being smart by not using up a contract on a guy before seeing where he's at.

Subban is currently still playing in the OHL, so signing him to an ELC right now isn't necessary. As soon as his season is done, he'll be signed and be sent to Utica. Simple as that.

Archived