The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Canucks Sign Joseph Labate to PTO

Gstank29

Gotta think that McNally gets at least something if this guy's getting a PTO

No kidding! Not a bad player by any stretch but hasn't really improved at much if at all either. Obviously they'd like to see what they have, and he'll get a chance on this PTO before signing a pro NHL contract.

18 points -17 ? and guys like Subban are not still signed? What is Benning doing? we got guys in the farm like Griener who are more deserving of a contract than these long term projects.

desi go away, hes playing in the ncaa, against bigger boys, bigger than the chl boys...

all of this contract talk is pointless because benning is making trades for picks in the offseason...

soooo?

Labate is a PTO so he hasn't signed anything yet, and it doesnt count as a contract. Hutton did sign a contract, but for now it's a PTO, and will only count against next years total

I think we are at 48 contracts now. But i'm not to sure about that

That was my count too until I noticed NHLNumbers wasn't showing Sautner's contract. If his deal starts next year then it make no difference, but if it starts this year then we're at 49.

It's a try-out contract, max I think is 25 games with Utica to see if we want to sign him. His play might get boosted in the AHL, who knows.

Big kid, though; if he can develop the necessary skills, he could be a pretty decent playing chip for the Canucks in the future.

question...and I know im spitballing here but....any way to get these guys(Hutton, Labate, soon McNally and Subban) playing in Kalamazoo?

Atleast gets these guys playing

This is good news. After playing well for a good Wisconsin team his first 3 years, I was worried he'd be forgotten after a rather forgettable year for the Badgers. I think he's still hard pressed to earn a contract, but at least JB is giving him a look.

Just so you guys know if Jake Virtanen, Jared Mccann, or Jordan Subban are eliminated from the playoffs Utica can sign them to a PTO and add them to their roster.

Virtanen and McCann are already under contract. Canucks can if they wish simply assign them to Utica at the end of their Jr seasons.

Archived