The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

S U S H I ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

S N Y P E R S 7

:sick: not a fan of the Eatery... their sushi isn't good.

General rule, if you want sushi for the quality don't go for A.Y.C.E. If you want quantity, then sure, but most places (the Top Gun Group restaurants, Tomo/Ninkazu) have gone downhill. I'd rather go for Samurai or Tokyo Joe's in Richmond, and hole-in-the-wall places can have good deals.

Ebi Sushi on West 41st and Granville Street served AYCE and the quality of the sushi they served was amazing. I used to go there often when I was in high school because it was just a 5 minute walk away... THen I didn't go back for almost four years and I recently kept frequenting that location again almost four months ago and was still surprised that the restaurant is still there. Well over 8 years for that restaurant to be in that location and now, sadly, in just two days, they're closing due to their lease not being renewed.

The majority of Sushi restaurants in Vancouver are run by Chinese or Korean people. I'm finding that the trend in Vancouver, thankfully, is towards actual Japanese people opening up restaurants. They tend to serve higher quality food. We're also seeing more non-sushi Japanese restaurants popping up. Notably, Izakaya.

For sushi, I'd recommend Kishimoto on the Drive. It's slightly more expensive than some, but not Tojo's ($30 a roll) expensive.

I find the Korean ones pretty decent. It's usually the Chinese operated restaurants I find are at the bottom tier.

Izakaya are very good for food, but they're pretty pricey. I usually only go there for drinks.

Samurai Sushi is good. Good price for a massive sushi. Unfortunately for me, I've been a regular customer to two AYCE sushi restaurants and both have closed down (the one I'm going to now is closing on Mar 31).

is that ebei? I used to always go there when i was in highschool

Anyways, sushi nanaimo is probably my favorite place right now.

I don't rate the Eatery either.

My favourite is Risty's in Marpole.

I love Risty's. Their food is cheap and tastes good. Love the fuse of Canadian and Japanese in one menu and their staff are friendly. Love both menu's.

is that ebei? I used to always go there when i was in highschool

Anyways, sushi nanaimo is probably my favorite place right now.

Yeah it's Ebei. Today's their last day :( Now I have to find another good AYCE to go to now. I know the one on West Broadway is good, I can't remember the name. Maybe I'll go there.

sui sha ya at metrotown USED to be a good AYCE sushi-boat place, like 14 years ago (or i only thought that way because i was new to sushi at the time and didn't know any better :P). but it went downhill a couple years after that (or my sushi palate evolved beyond it), and I wouldn't go there ever again, if it even exists anymore. definately gonna check out some of the reccomendations in this thread next time i'm in vancouver though.

I love Risty's. Their food is cheap and tastes good. Love the fuse of Canadian and Japanese in one menu and their staff are friendly. Love both menu's.

Yeah it's Ebei. Today's their last day :( Now I have to find another good AYCE to go to now. I know the one on West Broadway is good, I can't remember the name. Maybe I'll go there.

Probably thinking of BC Sushi. Best place on west Broadway by far. Although I guess Tomakazu is technically on the west part of Broadway too.

Probably thinking of BC Sushi. Best place on west Broadway by far. Although I guess Tomakazu is technically on the west part of Broadway too.

No I'm thinking of Tomakazu. The one near Toys R Us... I like Tomakazu a lot.. BC Sushi is the same as Ebei cuz it's the same owner.

Archived