The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Value of) OEL and Kadri

What the Canucks need most right now is a young PMD and a young second line center. IMO, Kadri and OEL fits that perfectly. Obviously it will be extremely hard to get those two guys but I was just wondering if something like this would be enough.

Edler/Tanev, 2015 1st, Mccann, Jensen, and Corrado for OEL

Bonino, 2015 2nd, and Gaunce for Kadri

EDIT: The reason why I would like to trade for these 2 is because they could help us now AND in the future. OEL is the PMD that we lack right now and also the future while Kadri could turn into the #1 center we've been trying to get to replace Hank.

Lmao! Troll thread? For a minute, lets pretend this is true.

1) Kadri is a p.o.s., no interest whatsoever. Not even a 7th would be worth the locker room issues he brings.

2) big overpayment for OEL, I'd consider him for Edler+Cassels/Gaunce+2nd 2016 and that's about it.

1) Kadri is a p.o.s., no interest whatsoever. Not even a 7th would be worth the locker room issues he brings.

2) big overpayment for OEL, I'd consider him for Edler+Cassels/Gaunce+2nd 2016 and that's about it.

I'd much rather keep what we have than getting OEL...

TBH I think the only way we get OEL is if his value drops because of injury or locker headaches or if Arizona decides to buy him out which we all know they will not do.

Lol Kadri lol

Huge fan of OEL, but that price is beyond ridiculous.

Edit: And even if VAN ever had a chance to acquire OEL it would be to complement Edler to maximize value, not have him stuck with the rest of their offensively impotent defence; so Edler should not be moved for OEL.

What the Canucks need most right now is a young PMD and a young second line center. IMO, Kadri and OEL fits that perfectly. Obviously it will be extremely hard to get those two guys but I was just wondering if something like this would be enough.

EDIT: The reason why I would like to trade for these 2 is because they could help us now AND in the future. OEL is the PMD that we lack right now and also the future while Kadri could turn into the #1 center we've been trying to get to replace Hank.

Over payment for both, definitely not.

:picard::picard::picard::picard::picard:

you didn't think to call him out on the fact we have no 2015 2nd

1st + Jensen + Sbisa for OEL

wow... just wow

You're not getting OEL for that. For a point of reference, Arizona fans want MacKinnon for him. That's the kind of value you're looking at. A high end top line C or a player/prospect who projects to be that. You're offering a bunch of mediocre to good pieces instead. If OEL is traded, it's going to be a quality for quality trade not a quality for quantity one. McCann may end up being a 1st line C but they're going to need a guy who is one or is as close to a sure bet as you can get instead.

You're not getting OEL for that. For a point of reference, Arizona fans want MacKinnon for him. That's the kind of value you're looking at. A high end top line C or a player/prospect who projects to be that. You're offering a bunch of mediocre to good pieces instead. If OEL is traded, it's going to be a quality for quality trade not a quality for quantity one. McCann may end up being a 1st line C but they're going to need a guy who is one or is as close to a sure bet as you can get instead.

Arizona has fans? The fans you talk to are dreaming if they think OEL is worth mackinnon. Sure he's good, but he's not a franchise player.

1st trade is not enough for OEL. second trade is way too much for Kadri.

Archived