The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did Kassian join the team on this last road trip? How close to 100% is he?

kidkurse

No he didn't.

Back injuries are tricky since they tend to be nagging.

My guess is this is an injury that has been bothering him for awhile, and they wanna make sure he gets back to 100%.

Has to been bothering him since his 6 game point streak ended :bigblush: . There no need to rush him back, we are deep enough to be competitive without him. Plus it helps with the game of "who will be scratched next" that CDC loves to play ::D

need to question the Canucks' medical team and strength coach. Questions to ponder over.

1. how long is rehab?

2. why didn't the strength coach work on his balance and core?

3. why did the medical team let him over do it

In short, back injuries are a scary thing and Linden need's to take a look at the medical and strength coaches. Bottom line, back injuries are career ending, and Kassian is power forward who is not a light guy. It's concerning because he should of been back by now, if it was a minor back injury. Since he is not back, it tells me one thing, this is more serious then it seems.

need to question the Canucks' medical team and strength coach. Questions to ponder over.

1. how long is rehab?

2. why didn't the strength coach work on his balance and core?

3. why did the medical team let him over do it

In short, back injuries are a scary thing and Linden need's to take a look at the medical and strength coaches. Bottom line, back injuries are career ending, and Kassian is power forward who is not a light guy. It's concerning because he should of been back by now, if it was a minor back injury. Since he is not back, it tells me one thing, this is more serious then it seems.

Shut-up.gif

Backs are tricky. My back once went into acute spasm for... no reason at all, I kid you not. Well, I was young and pretty hard on my body but...

It hit me whilst cracking an egg one morning, I was f%&ked for a few days and not 100% for a little over a week.

Then it came back a week later, almost as bad.

Hasn't ever happened again. Was like a dozen years ago. Backs are weird

Should. Have.

This is one of the worst and most common grammar mistakes people make these days.

Edit: props for using the right form of it's

It's a close second to saying "I seen" and not "I've seen" or "I saw".

Ex: "I seen Kassian is not coming on the trip, how hurt is he?"

My grammar isn't perfect, but that drives me up the wall

Well although its hard not to rip on a certain somebody for their seemingly obvious questions, there are people, I guess do not fully understand how the human body works and the medical/rehab process involved with recovery. I am going to address those questions as to provide an opportunity for education rather than reprimand - despite those questions being rhetorical.

1. how long is rehab? No finite time. Rehabilitation is a process that is ongoing that attempts to restore the original function or get close to it.

2. why didn't the strength coach work on his balance and core? You've assumed that 'balance' and 'core' are solely responsible for back injuries. Balance is firstly a dynamic moment involving reflexes and 'core' implies his central thoracic and back support musculature and ligaments. But, back to the issue - although impaired balance and mal-conditioned core stabilizing muscules may contribute to back-related injuries. His back injury is not necessarily a failure of those two components. There may be a myriad of contributing factors and it is unfair and negligent for your to hold anybody or any 'person' responsible for a physiological insult, in this situation.

3. why did the medical team let him over do it. Again, you have assumed that the medical team knowingly put this player in a situation that would exceed both physiological and structural limitations. A medical team evaluates, with history and evidence (ie MRI, scans), the physical integrity of an Athelete's body - what they do not do is prophylactically scan and investigate and identify any potential weaknesses and vulnerabilities - Else every athelete would be spending more time under radiological investigation than they would practicing. Thus it would be also unfair to say that the medical team, with knowledge, granted him the right to continue and play.

I would welcome you to have a think about what happens when you get sick or feel ill. For the most part, you carry about as is throughout the year up untill the point you feel (symptoms) of illness and disease - in which case you may or may not attend a physician who evaluates those particular reports of symptoms with 'signs' that are expected to be seen with the illness. You may get treated and have follow up. Exactly WHEN you become better is never precise or finite . However, you may be advised based on probability that you will not die but going outside for run PERHAPS may cause deterioration.

This mutual, discussed, process is more or less what happens in the sports world - with the exception of transparency with the medical treating staff and the sports club (its in the contract - the medical team being hired directly by employees can share health related information with the sports club - Additionally, the players know this and sign a contract forgoing otherwise exclusive doctor-patient confidentiality in the interest of the sports club). There is are many stake-holders and multiple decision makers.

I know this board easily becomes aggressive and quick to blame or wanting to blame an individual. Its easy, its easier to circle a bad guy and throw darts at him, or her, or a tier of the Canuck's organization. Just like its easy to blame desi-boy and attack him for his questioning - perhaps, we ought to look at the bigger system and not ask WHY did this happen, or WHY is this person like this, or WHY is this person NOT like this.....but instead ask....

how did this happen, how did it come to be.....Once we can open our minds to understanding the how and the processes, we can educate one another, further our own understanding, and be able to seek out answers - not just placeholders for our misinformation and misunderstandings.

/end spiel

Archived