The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Bo Horvat not on the PP?

Bo Bo 53

Put Bo on the PP  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last game the announcer says are second unit PP has like 5 goals this year so why have very little options been tried. Bo wins faceoffs battles hard and has a good shot and suprisingly good speed this year. Whose with me should he be on the PP?

The Horvat line has been our best complete line for a while now. I was thinking they should make his whole line the 2nd PP.

My thoughts exactly. The line has chemistry and they have been generating offensive chances on a consistant basis. They cannot do any worse than the current second PP.

Well Higgins has been on a nice run lately and there's Burrows who is more offensively talented than at least 7 of the forwards on the team. The centre position would be between Bonino and Horvat. Bonino at this stage is more offensively talented than Horvat.

Also the second unit scored last game right? I would suggest Sbisa over Hamhuis on the second unit.

Well 10 Canucks forwards have more PP minutes this season than Horvat does. And I have a hard time thinking of 10 Canucks forwards who are clearly better choices than Bo for playing on the man advantage.

I suppose a lot depends on whether we use a three or four forward set and if we want to use more than one natural centre on the PP unit.

Well 10 Canucks forwards have more PP minutes this season than Horvat does. And I have a hard time thinking of 10 Canucks forwards who are clearly better choices than Bo for playing on the man advantage.

I suppose a lot depends on whether we use a three or four forward set and if we want to use more than one natural centre on the PP unit.

I can think of 6. Maybe seven.

Sedin

Sedin

Vrbata

Burrows

Higgins

Bonino

Mathias

I think it's just the rookie card being played by W.D. He's earned a spot among better linemates just as much as he's earned a spot on the PP. But if he can play the fourth line role and be confident in that position there's no reason to give him extra responsibilities. This year seems to be primarily for working on his defensive game.

It's not like we're going anywhere this year anyways. I don't mind him honing that part of his game this year as long as he makes the jump to 3C next year.

Archived