The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This Is Our Year

Scorvat

We have almost no chance to play the blues in round 2.

Round 2 (if we make it) will be against anahiem or whoever beats anahiem in round 1(unless we clinch WC which is unlikely). Playoff brackets have changed since the divisions changed.

Most likely opponent in round one and 2:

(In order from most likely to least likely)

1- Flames/Kings

2-Ducks/Jets/Wild/Kings/Flames

Most likely path to cup:

1- Flames

2- Ducks

3- Blackhawks/Preds/Blues

4- Lightning/Rangers

And honestly our only real threat b4 the SC is the Ducks. Kings are to if they make it.

If we get past them we are going all the way.

I think we can beat, Preds,Hawks and Blues personally

lighting and rangers would sure give us a run for our money

We are going to win this year. Just watch.

The facts are all right in front of us. There are A LOT of them.

1.100 year anniversary since Vancouver won the SC.

2. PQ has been with us all year. Very great man to dedicate this great season to.

3. 100% of the time. The winner of the "1st round" between the Flames and Canucks, went on to the SCF.

4. Linden is back!

5. ITS OUR YEAR!!!

6. ITS OUR YEAR!!!

7. ITS OUR YEAR!!!

In 2011 this core lost the SCF due to lack of depth. There were so many injuries in was impressive they went 7 games. Their depth was bad and the Bruins took advantage of us. Benning also saw this and IMMEDIATELY fixed it coming into the season. Another reason we lost was because we didnt play that well on the road, 0-3 in SCF, getting blown out each of the 3. That is not a problem this year. To me its a bigger advantage to play better away from home than it is to play better at home. Our home play is going to be great in the playoffs. Especially with the playoff atmosphere. Atleast we know we can win on the road.

After that 2011 SCF loss this team was wore out. The next 3 years is all the proof you need. Although they did win a PT the following year, they had a melt down in the playoffs and never bounced back. Most of that has to do with controversy with the goalies, frustration on just missing the SC (Kesler), it was just a very tense next couple years and they were EXPECTED to be champions. Then tortorella comes in and just plays the crap out of our top players. Now most times when coaches do this teams fade in the late season/early playoffs, NOT JANUARY!!!. he literally played them so much they couldnt play desperate hockey when it counted. U could feel the negative vibe in the locker room. Nobody was happy or having fun, it kind of felt like torture in a way. Going from AV to Tortz must be tough lol.

This team is better than our 2011 team. I honestly believe that

Our core is rested and hungry... NOT STALE!!!

We are a 4 line team.

We have depth to replace injured player if needed.

How can you not BELIEVE????

2015 CHAMPIONS :towel:

Love the optimism, but I disagree that we're Cup contenders. I'll be quite happy if we make the 2nd round of the playoffs.

The D is going to be the biggest problem for the Canucks. Eddie will have to be good and Miller is yet another expensive goalie who is frail. At least they made it in and any thing can happen.

I believe the Canucks can possibly be a dark horse this year and go fairly deep however I'm really not liking how many on CDC are underestimating the Flames. Don't underestimate the Flames! If the Canucks buy into the "we're a better team than them" attitude most on CDC is displaying then the Canucks have already lost the series before we even play them IF we play them!

Complacency has and will always be this team's greatest enemy since they never learn! And so it goes for the fanbase as well it seems.

I believe the Canucks can possibly be a dark horse this year and go fairly deep however I'm really not liking how many on CDC are underestimating the Flames. Don't underestimate the Flames! If the Canucks buy into the "we're a better team than them" attitude most on CDC is displaying then the Canucks have already lost the series before we even play them IF we play them!

Complacency has and will always be this team's greatest enemy since they never learn! And so it goes for the fanbase as well it seems.

I've seen several of these "everyone is underestimating the Flames" posts, but I haven't seen anyone who has done so. Most would prefer the Flames to the Kings, because they feel the Canucks match up better against them, even though they understand that it would still be a tough series.

Who are these people that are "underestimating" Calgary?

They're out there in various posts and even suggested on some on this thread as well. To be fair I've read many posts that aren't taking Calgary lightly so consider my post as a caution that we're not the better team in a series until we lock up 4 wins and not before.

I've read various posts referring to Cgy as overachievers, we're the vets and they're inexperienced so they should be easy to beat (though the same could be said of the 2004 Canucks and Flames and who went to the Finals!). The constant bringing up of the first round VAN/CGY matchup predicting SCF appearance seems only to be mentioned in Vancouver's favour whereas the Flames are more than capable of spoiling that. That's just a few.

To be honest I can't help but want to face the Kings in the first round. Part of it is about unfinished business, we're not the best until we beat out the best. I also think the Kings are exhausted and won't have the gas to turn it on in the post season anyway whereas I feel the Flames will be hungry like the Kings were against us in 2012.

They're out there in various posts and even suggested on some on this thread as well. To be fair I've read many posts that aren't taking Calgary lightly so consider my post as a caution that we're not the better team in a series until we lock up 4 wins and not before.

I've read various posts referring to Cgy as overachievers, we're the vets and they're inexperienced so they should be easy to beat (though the same could be said of the 2004 Canucks and Flames and who went to the Finals!). The constant bringing up of the first round VAN/CGY matchup predicting SCF appearance seems only to be mentioned in Vancouver's favour whereas the Flames are more than capable of spoiling that. That's just a few.

To be honest I can't help but want to face the Kings in the first round. Part of it is about unfinished business, we're not the best until we beat out the best. I also think the Kings are exhausted and won't have the gas to turn it on in the post season anyway whereas I feel the Flames will be hungry like the Kings were against us in 2012.

not sure why all the people insist on playing against a goalie that have a goals against avg of 1.18 and a sv% of .955 against us.. the 4-1 game was really 2-1.. and the 2-1 shootout game is really just 1-1.. and scoring have always been a problem for this team.. and everyone wants to go play the team we have trouble scoring against..

They're out there in various posts and even suggested on some on this thread as well.

Yeah, I was looking for something a little more specific than "Oh, they're out there"....

Maybe you could post a couple, because I haven't seen a single post that underestimates the Flames.

The Canucks have a shown that they can compete with any team this year, so whatever happens it should be interesting. The biggest holes I see with the team:

- no #1 offensive defenseman. We have guys who come close, but the majority of teams that win the cup have a genuine offensive dman.

- face offs and our inability to win them, which will be magnified in playoff games.

These aren't necessarily show stoppers though. Under the right circumstances, namely, if we stay injury free and manage to stay gelled, the team could go far.

The present team is no where as tough as the 2011 Canucks ; so how are they going to win a series never mind the cup ?

This team has more depth. That was the biggest factor in us not winning the cup. If Miller plays the way he can there is nothing stopping us

The present team is no where as tough as the 2011 Canucks ; so how are they going to win a series never mind the cup ?

The big and tough teams have become slow and tired (Boston and LA). Win and St.L are what's left and neither are as good as the aforementioned teams in their heyday..

Quickness, skill and depth will be the key this year.

Archived