The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

-Vintage Canuck-

Go watch hockey from the 90's and tell me that these love taps players are dishing out are enough to knock a guy to the ice like he's been hit by a truck.

Until they actually do something to stop rewarding embelishment, players are going to continue to take advatage of it. Players know now to go down hard if they're hit anywhere up high.

The real legends of the game must be disgusted by some of the displays in the NHL nowadays.

dunno, I can see Kassian pulling a Brock Lesnar

We'd see some retribution against garbage calls for sure!

If it did happen, bring back Torts. His only real attribute these days is his aggressive antics, so that would perfectly suit us in the WWE.

no, but crying on an internet forum after every game including wins will do little to solve it

Get a life quit trolling the boards.

Seriously if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

If I ran these boards I'd ban you just because of nothing creative added to posts except to try provoke reactions from people. That is not considerate and I could imagine what that kind of attitude would net you in real life.

If Kassian gets back in time id love to see him on that fourth line with bo and Hansen....he would have buried two goals tonight if he was in kenins spot.

No way Kenins stays, way more consistant the Kassian. Love what Kassian brings he just doesnt do it enough, plus the way Kenins line is playing together is just awsome.

Why are we discussing reffing and not commending our team on a great win!? Down 2-0 against the best home team in the league and what do we do? Battle back and win! Huge confidence booster we will need going into chicago.

People are pretty upset with some of the calls so that is usually pretty emotional too. But you are right, it was a gutsy win.

I just did there big shooter, learn how to read

Calls me out for name-calling then does the same, ur a beauty lol

You've called me cupcake, idiot and the rest in this thread crybabies. Can't take it back after dishing it out?

Just saw Willie's post-game. I like his response to the question that started "You didn't have your A-game..". Willie is such a nice guy that he rarely calls out reporters (or players) but he said "I don't how say we didn't have our A-game."

The Canucks of course played an excellent game. On the second night of back to backs on the road against one of the best teams in the league and with suspect reffing the Canucks came up with a huge effort. And at the end the D was shorthanded with Bieksa out and the PK lost its best PK forward with Burrows out and the team still killed off 5 minutes, including over a minute of 4 on 3 time.

Big game for Hamhuis, and the other guys on D were very good as well. And Bonino and Higgins were big on the PK as well as the scoreboard.

And they had to overcome a very unlucky tying goal by Nashville.

If that is not "A" I don't know what is.

If you think this level of officiating is acceptable then you must not remember the glory days of hockey.

The game that we're seeing now is a blatant joke where refs try to manage games for entertainment purposes.

I miss the good old days when if a player took a penalty, you knew exactly what he was being called for. More rules now have only created more confusion and more grey area.

Is it just me, or ever since they went with a two ref system the officiating has gone downhill. I'm not even seeing more protection for players. Maybe they should go back to one ref.

Just saw Willie's post-game. I like his response to the question that started "You didn't have your A-game..". Willie is such a nice guy that he rarely calls out reporters (or players) but he said "I don't how say we didn't have our A-game."

The Canucks of course played an excellent game. On the second night of back to backs on the road against one of the best teams in the league and with suspect reffing the Canucks came up with a huge effort. And at the end the D was shorthanded with Bieksa out and the PK lost its best PK forward with Burrows out and the team still killed off 5 minutes, including over a minute of 4 on 3 time.

Big game for Hamhuis, and the other guys on D were very good as well. And Bonino and Higgins were big on the PK as well as the scoreboard.

And Horvat.

Can't forget that bull.

They brought their "Vey" Game. :)

This type of thinking is the reason the stands at Rogers arena are emptying. People here don't think its possible to win after seeing the Reffing in 2011 2012 and 2013.

But guess what guys, there is no such thing as a ref bias or game management . The team that plays better 5 on 5 gets the calls and tonight it was Nashville. They outshot us 38-25 and clearly outplayed us at will.

Whenever I feel like assuming something I remember this quote:

"I never assume, it is a habit destructive to the logical faculty" Arthur Conan Doyle

Your assumption that the Preds outplayed the Canucks because the former outshot the latter is flawed.

The Canucks in fact outshot the Preds at even strength. The Preds had more shots because of the 7 powerplays in which they generated 18 shots.

This is not the first time we've had "questionable officiating" and it won't be the last, same goes for every team in the league. Burrows got 5 and a game, ok great. We still won

Like I said if he gets suspended over it then we'll have something to complain about and i'll be complaining too

So until then either keep having an aneurysm over the refs or enjoy the win.

k thx bye

Wow that was by far the worst officiated game I've seen in all sports since 2015 started.

What an embarrassment this league is. I'm disgusted... Honestly

The Kenny penalty after their goal? Joke.

How about when Vancouver's leading scorer, Vrbata got double cross checked into the ledge of the boards and had a bloody mouth?

Then you had bieksa... Game misconduct for being too good looking? Jokes aside... What was that for? How about the bieksa one?

That being said... THE CANUCKS WON. ELITE TEAMS WIN AGAINST ALL ODDS.

Zebras against us? No problem. We win against ALL ODDS. This team will compete. You KNOW THEY WILL COMPETE.

Is it just me, or ever since they went with a two ref system the officiating has gone downhill. I'm not even seeing more protection for players. Maybe they should go back to one ref.

It was better for a while but seems to have really nose-dived lately. The weird thing is that usually linesmen are right within a fraction of an inch but I have seen more blown or weird calls from them this year than most too.

When the threshold for what constitutes an NHL-calibre ref drops by half, you're going to have shoddy officiating.

As GMs/owners/NHLPA begin to look more favourably on allowing refs to use instant replay, there should be plenty of reasons to go back to the one-ref system.

I got grilled on here back in the day opposing the two ref system, i hoped I'd be wrong about it but its been bad to awful and only getting worse.

I shudder to think what'll happen if the NHL expands 2-4 more teams needing to bring in more under qualified officials.

Archived