The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Burrows gets suspended...give Baertschi a look

nickels555

If Burrows gets a couple games, why not give Baertschi a look. I would think a much better option than Mcmillan at this point.

It's very impressive the depth this new regime has developed in their first year. Can't wait for playoffs. If we get through first round, our depth could be the difference in making a deep run.

No dude, Baerstchi needs to stay in Utica, and Burrow's will be suspended because it was a late hit. With that being said, I think a safe call up would be someone like Friesen or Dafazio; however, Kassian should be ready soon and they still have Mcmillan, therefore I don't see a reason to call up anyone.

If you watch the hit, you can clearly see Gaustad doesn't have the puck; therefore I can see this suspension being 3-6 games.

I have to say I disagree.

I think it is worthwhile to keep Baertschi in Utica throughout the remainder of the season and playoffs to let him gain confidence and keep at this impressive play. Things are clearly going very well in Utica right now both for Sven and the team, and I think it is more beneficial for him to stay down there. I'm sure he could slot in straight away and have an impact but I still think it is better to keep him in Utica to not disturb what is happening to his game. Travis Green is doing a tremendous job and keeping Baertschi scoring will keep his confidence up throughout the season and the summer, something that will be crucial for his development and next season when he will need to fill a big role with the Canucks from the beginning of the season. The Flames kept shuffling him between Abottsford and Calgary and now he is no longer with their organisation, it hurt his confidence.

Not sure there will be any call-ups at all, some players should be coming back from injury soon.

If, I really hope they call up Alex Grenier.. the guy really deserves it and has been performing even better than Baertschi in March. Never gotten a chance with the Canucks and now could be the time.

No dude, Baerstchi needs to stay in Utica, and Burrow's will be suspended because it was a late hit. With that being said, I think a safe call up would be someone like Friesen or Dafazio; however, Kassian should be ready soon and they still have Mcmillan, therefore I don't see a reason to call up anyone.

If you watch the hit, you can clearly see Gaustad doesn't have the puck; therefore I can see this suspension being 3-6 games.

Burrows does not have to give up his lane for a player turning into him. It's not a "late hit", there is no clear evidence either of the head being primary point of contact. What hit are you watching?

It's a tough call on Burrows. I don't think he should be suspended, considering what Toffoli did to him a few games ago and got away with nothing. That hit was much worse. Burrows shoulder was down and looked like he was trying to push him off with his arm. Don't think Burrows is that dumb to try something like that.

As for Sven, just leave him in Utica. How about we get Kassian a new back instead? He'll slot in right where Burrows played, if he ends up getting a few games.

Would be really funny to see Sven get a call up and go on a tear against the Flames in the first round though hahah

Burrows does not have to give up his lane for a player turning into him. It's not a "late hit", there is no clear evidence either of the head being primary point of contact. What hit are you watching?

The TSN video shows it pretty clear.

It was late. And he got the elbow up. Not only a dirty play, but a boneheaded penalty that could have cost us the game.

Not a chance.

Sven is a big part of the Utica group going for their playoff run. We won't see him in a Canucks uniform for the remainder of this regular season and post season except if there's a crazy emergency and our forwards are dropping like flies.

If anybody is called up I'd take Jensen. At least he's played a few games with the big club and has had quite a bit of practice time here. With so much on the line it's better to have the guy that's already familiar.

Exactly the other guy the whimp turned into Burrows and hit his shoulder Burrows was standing straight up the guy hit him. Should have been a penalty on forsberg for emelishment cause that s exactly what it looked like.

Everyone wants to throw Burrows under the bus its amazing...

John Short house is starting to turn my crank - he must get extra money for

throwing the canucks under the bus. He continually takes small things the canucks do and makes them into penalties broadcast s it, really who pays his meal ticket.. never knew him to be anti canuck..Listen to this man watch what he says in the next broadcast... he seems to point out small incidence makes them sound bigger mostly against canucks... its good not to be biased but come on..he is even trying to convert John Garett well he some time s is the polar opposite to john shorthouse(go canucks go) house but come on guys find a happy medium but support alittle more to your vancouver canucks.

Hell go on an american channel it would blow your mind they never throw thier own team under the bus to a point, it is nausiating..anyways enough of that..rant

Burrows did nothing wrong but we all know whats going to happen because it doesnt matter how big or how small a hit or altercation is the prongers and his useless henchmen will stick it to the canucks. Dont care what that idiot said on tv he can laugh all he wants they should not be giveing out suspensions especially him.

How people like him, can get a job in a position for safety is totally out landish. he broke the rules all thru out his career, head hunted and went out to hurt people. He got a concussion he deserved it, its all about carma.. Dont do on to other people that you dont want to be done to u.

Sometimes thats a hard lesson to learn...lets hope for once the nhl get it right.

It was late. And he got the elbow up. Not only a dirty play, but a boneheaded penalty that could have cost us the game.

Yep throw him under the bus.. it was not that blatant or intentional..

root for another team please...take another look at it thats it the idiot was looking at his god dam pass then turned into burrow s who just happed to be their seriously folks.. the punishment has already been served by the refs.

dont forget NHL it is the run to the playoffs dont be to hard on him as the canucks need him..just like the LA game with Toffoli big brother is watching but we know whats going to happen that s why this league is sad.

If any players get suspended (forwards at least), I would rather we call up Grenier and see if he can actually hold his own in the NHL. His contract situation is really forcing us to make a decision of whether he's still worth our time. Best way to find out is to play him.

Guest Dasein

Not that Baertschi was going to get a look this year, but Burr is playing RW, not LW

So it wouldn't have been Baertschi imo even if management were open to the idea of calling Baertschi up rather than letting him develop, familiarize with our system and gain confidence again in his game

I'm sorry but it looks to me Gaustad skated into Burrows. Primary point of contact was shoulder then slid to head. Where upon he fell like a ton of bricks. Embellishment to draw a major penalty looked like to me.

Archived